A Good Dose of Vitamin D
One of the goals of good prenatal care is to ensure babies get all the nutrients they need as they develop in the womb. Woman may take certain supplements to achieve this goal.
Understanding How Preemies Grow
Sometimes babies arrive earlier than expected. They may also arrive a lot smaller than expected. What does this mean for their development?
Study Linked Tylenol to Developmental Problems
Acetaminophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol, is the most popular over-the-counter medication in America. At least one recent study has suggested that pregnant mothers may want to consider an alternative.
Low Birth Weight Babies Living Normal Lives
Babies born very early or with very low birth weights — only a couple pounds — are known to have a higher likelihood of disability. But they may be just fine over the long term.
Breast is Best for the Brain Too
You may have heard that "breast is best" when it comes to feeding a baby. The benefits of breastfeeding are significant, but it has not always been clear how they extend to a baby's brain development.
Binge Drinking and Pregnancy Don't Mix
It is already known that drinking during pregnancy can affect the growing baby's brain and development. But different amounts of alcohol drunk at different times in a pregnancy may have different effects.
A Link Between BPA and Young Boys
About 2 to 5 percent of newborn boys have undescended testicles at birth. Usually, the testicles descend on their own by the time the child is 6 months old.
Being Big with an Early Baby
When a woman becomes pregnant, her health affects her and her baby both. Being overweight or obese can also play a part in how a woman's pregnancy goes.
Mild Iodine Deficit is Bad While Pregnant
Iodine deficiency is “the single most important preventable cause of brain damage” according to the WHO. Contrary to popular belief, kids born in developed nations are at risk too.
Lupus Rx In Utero Tied to Learning Issues
Azathioprine therapy for lupus is generally considered safe during pregnancy. But children exposed to azathioprine in the womb may be at higher risk of developing speech problems.
- Celexa (2) Apply Celexa filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Lexapro (2) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (2) Apply Paxil filter
- Prozac (2) Apply Prozac filter
- Zoloft (2) Apply Zoloft filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Flovent (1) Apply Flovent filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- (-) Remove Healthy Development filter Healthy Development
- Immunizations (1) Apply Immunizations filter
- Mental Health (43) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (20) Apply Addictions filter
- Child Disorders (16) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Depression (6) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (4) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (4) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Sleep Disorders (2) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (1) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Womens Health (32) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (28) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Baby (9) Apply Baby filter
- Pulmonary Disease (8) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (7) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Infectious Disease (5) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Allergies (4) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (4) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (4) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter