World Breastfeeding Week Promotes Nursing
Breastfeeding can offer a number of benefits to mother and child, such as a reduced risk of diabetes and asthma. The World Health Organization (WHO) tries to promote those benefits each year with World Breastfeeding Week.
Obesity's Role in Newborn Fat Mass
Parents play a crucial part in keeping their children healthy. For mothers, that influence starts when their baby is in the womb.
FDA and EPA Update Advice on Eating Fish
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today updated advice for pregnant women and young children about eating fish.
Vitamin C Eased the Wheeze of Pregnant Smokers' Babies
What's good for moms-to-be tends to be good for their unborn children. What's not good for mom, like smoking tobacco, also tends not to be good for babies. There may be an easy way to undo some of the damage.
Heavy Moms Had More Babies with Breathing Issues
Pregnant women who are severely overweight may face a number of risks to their own health. But it's not only these heavy mothers who are put at risk; that extra weight also may be harmful to their baby.
Many Parents Not Following Safe Sleep Practices for Babies
One of the most frightening concerns of parents with new babies is sudden infant death syndrome, or SIDS. But safe sleeping practices can reduce the risk of SIDS.
Pregnant Mom Lights Up, Baby's Heart at Risk
It's not news that smoking during pregnancy is a bad idea. But researchers are still learning the various ways it can affect a developing baby.
Vodka Martinis Do Risk Baby's Health
When a pregnant woman drinks a martini, her fetus is exposed to the alcohol. Researchers have just confirmed that even small amounts of alcohol could seriously affect the baby's health.
Acetaminophen During Pregnancy Might Affect Child's Behavior
Acetaminophen is the most common over-the-counter pain reliever in the United States, and is generally considered safe for pregnant women to use. A new study, however, showed that the medication may affect a child's behavioral development.
Many Women Not Taking Folic Acid Before Pregnancy
Is it ever too early to start thinking about the health of a child? A new study suggests that more women should be thinking ahead and taking folic acid supplements before they become pregnant.
- Celexa (2) Apply Celexa filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Lexapro (2) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (2) Apply Paxil filter
- Prozac (2) Apply Prozac filter
- Zoloft (2) Apply Zoloft filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Flovent (1) Apply Flovent filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- (-) Remove Healthy Development filter Healthy Development
- Immunizations (1) Apply Immunizations filter
- Mental Health (43) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (20) Apply Addictions filter
- Child Disorders (16) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Depression (6) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (4) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (4) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Sleep Disorders (2) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (1) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Womens Health (32) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (28) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Baby (9) Apply Baby filter
- Pulmonary Disease (8) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (7) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Infectious Disease (5) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Allergies (4) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (4) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (4) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter