Alcohol Slows Unborn Babies' Learning
Many studies have looked at differences in children whose mothers drank while pregnant compared to kids whose moms didn't. But what about differences before the babies are even born?
Managing Hypertension While Pregnant
If you have a chronic condition and become pregnant, it may mean different treatment during the pregnancy. High blood pressure is one such condition, and it's becoming more common.
Put the Cigarette Down & No One Gets Fat
If you're thinking of lighting up while a little one kicks in your tummy, this might stop you. Do you want an overweight child?
Get Enough Iodine Mom, But...
Pregnant women need enough iodine for their baby's brain to develop well. But too much iodine can backfire by interrupting normal hormone production.
My Bacteria Is Better Than Yours
Everyone's got billions of little critters hanging out in their gut. They're helpful little critters — they aid the digestive and immune systems. But what you eat changes what they are.
Older Moms' Kids Healthier, Smarter
Most people have heard that it can be more risky to have children after age 35. However, these concerns usually relate to birth complications and not to the children's development.
Ecstasy During Pregnancy a Bad Idea
A study on how ecstasy during pregnancy might affect babies at 4 months old was published early this year. Now those babies are a year old. They're still developing slowly.
Risks for Stillbirth Relate to Baby Size
Having a stillbirth can be one of the most devastating experiences that expectant parents could face. Sometimes it helps to understand the risk factors.
Smoking While Pregnant Linked to Asthma
Past research has already shown links between mothers who smoke and asthma in their children. But what if a mom only smokes while pregnant and quits before giving birth?
Itty Bitty Babies Need a Little Help
It's well established that the best food for a baby is their own mother's milk. But that doesn't mean that tiny babies with exceptional needs couldn't use a bit of help.
- Celexa (2) Apply Celexa filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Lexapro (2) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (2) Apply Paxil filter
- Prozac (2) Apply Prozac filter
- Zoloft (2) Apply Zoloft filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Flovent (1) Apply Flovent filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- (-) Remove Healthy Development filter Healthy Development
- Immunizations (1) Apply Immunizations filter
- Mental Health (43) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (20) Apply Addictions filter
- Child Disorders (16) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Depression (6) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (4) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (4) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Sleep Disorders (2) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (1) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Womens Health (32) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (28) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Baby (9) Apply Baby filter
- Pulmonary Disease (8) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (7) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Infectious Disease (5) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Allergies (4) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (4) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (4) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter