The Answers to Your Breastfeeding Questions
Aug. 1 through 7 is World Breastfeeding Week — the perfect time to learn a little more about breastfeeding.
Folic Acid and Pregnancy
Folic acid can help prevent major birth defects called neural tube defects (NTDs). But how much folic acid are you supposed to get?
Understanding Birth Defects
While not all birth defects are preventable, you can take some steps to help reduce the risk to your baby, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Three Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
Whether you are trying to have a baby or just thinking about it, informing yourself is a good first step. Here are three tips to get you started:
Gaps in Newborn Screening
Many infants are still not getting the recommended newborn screenings at birth.
The Threat of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) may be relatively common, according to a new study.
Zika in the US: What It Means for Babies
Pregnant women in the United States may face a higher risk for Zika virus than previously thought, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
FDA Restricts Popular Cold and Pain Meds
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a restriction for some common pain and cough medications.
DHA Supplements for Mom May Not Help Baby
Taking DHA supplements while you're pregnant isn't likely to help your child's IQ later on, according to a new study.
Some Teething Tablets Could Be Dangerous
Some homeopathic teething tablets may contain inconsistent amounts of a toxic substance, according to the FDA.
- Celexa (2) Apply Celexa filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Lexapro (2) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (2) Apply Paxil filter
- Prozac (2) Apply Prozac filter
- Zoloft (2) Apply Zoloft filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Flovent (1) Apply Flovent filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- (-) Remove Pediatrics filter Pediatrics
- (-) Remove Healthy Development filter Healthy Development
- Immunizations (1) Apply Immunizations filter
- Mental Health (43) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (20) Apply Addictions filter
- Child Disorders (16) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Depression (6) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (4) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (4) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Sleep Disorders (2) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (1) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Violence Prevention (1) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Womens Health (32) Apply Womens Health filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (28) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Baby (9) Apply Baby filter
- Pulmonary Disease (8) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (7) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Infectious Disease (5) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Allergies (4) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (4) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (4) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter