Chemo Before Surgery May Benefit Ovarian Cancer Patients
It's not always one or the other when it comes to cancer treatment options like chemotherapy and surgery. And which comes first may make a difference.
Advice for Smarter, Cost-Saving Cancer Screening
Catching cancer early can save lives, but screening too often — without good reason — may be costly and harmful.
Ovarian Cancer Rx Receives Breakthrough Therapy Designation
BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr. 6, 2015-- Clovis Oncology, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLVS) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Breakthrough Therapy designation for the Company’s investigational agent rucaparib as monotherapy treatment of advanced ovarian cancer in patients who have received at least two lines of prior platinum-containing therapy, with BRCA-mutated tumors, inclusive of both germline BRCA (gBRCA) and somatic BRCA (sBRCA) mutations.
Cancer Survival Gains Not the Same for All Groups
Cancer patients are winning the battle against the disease like never before, but age and race may play a role in determining survival odds.
Common Menopause Therapy May Raise Cancer Risk
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is used by millions of women to treat menopause. HRT, however, has been shown to pose health risks, including increasing the chances of getting ovarian cancer.
FDA Approves Lynparza to Treat Advanced Ovarian Cancer
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today granted accelerated approval to Lynparza (olaparib), a new drug treatment for women with advanced ovarian cancer associated with defective BRCA genes, as detected by an FDA-approved test.
Cancer Screening May Benefit Diabetes Patients
Diabetes patients may need to take extra precautions to lower their risk for cancer or catch it early.
Avastin Gets FDA Approval for New Use
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new use for the cancer medication Avastin (bevacizumab), according to biotechnology company Genentech.
FDA Grants Orphan Drug Status to Aldoxorubicin
CytRx Corporation (NASDAQ: CYTR), a biopharmaceutical research and development company specializing in oncology, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted multiple Orphan Drug Designations for the Company's lead drug candidate, aldoxorubicin.
Call for Genetic Screening to Become New Norm
Gene mutations associated with higher rates of breast and ovarian cancer may pose a serious risk to Ashkenazi Jewish (AJ) women, even those without a family history of cancer. This prompted a call for more genetic cancer screening.
- Avastin (5) Apply Avastin filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Aredia (1) Apply Aredia filter
- Boniva (1) Apply Boniva filter
- Cisplatin (1) Apply Cisplatin filter
- Evista (1) Apply Evista filter
- Fosamax (1) Apply Fosamax filter
- Lovenox (1) Apply Lovenox filter
- Nolvadex (1) Apply Nolvadex filter
- Olaparib (1) Apply Olaparib filter
- Reclast (1) Apply Reclast filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Votrient (1) Apply Votrient filter
- Zometa (1) Apply Zometa filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Ovarian Cancer filter Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (23) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (10) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (8) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (6) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (5) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (5) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (4) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (4) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (2) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (2) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Vulvar Cancer (2) Apply Vulvar Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (1) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (1) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Womens Health (37) Apply Womens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer