Amino Acids, Vitamins and Ovarian Cancer
Amino acids are the body's building blocks for protein. Essential amino acids, which aren't produced by our bodies, are found in meat, fish and dairy products that are involved in a number of different cell functions.
Obesity Doesn't Matter
It's hard to think of a disease or a condition that obesity doesn't either contribute to or aggravate. Well, researchers have found one, and one of our dailyRx contributors isn't surprised.
Gynecological Cancer Radiation Advancement
Radiation therapy of any type can be a lengthy, involved process - often requiring daily treatments over a matter of weeks.
"Liquid Biopsies" Zero in on Ovarian Cancer
Having a biopsy - which retrieves and analyzes tiny bits of a tumor - can be an invasive and expensive proposition. A new method may one day involve only blood samples to look for and identify genes that are out of whack.
Inequality Among Women with Cancer
Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President of the American Cancer Society, Otis Brawley , MD, is also the author of How We Do Harm - A Doctor Breaks Ranks About Being Sick in America.
Dual Vaccine for Two Cancers
Work in the field of cancer vaccines isn't exactly what you might think. This method of treating cancers coaches the immune system to attack the cancer, not prevent it. A group of researchers successfully concluded two simultaneous trials on a cancer vaccine, finding that it works well in treating patients with both melanoma and ovarian cancer. Using the vaccine increased both length of remission and average lifespan in cancer patients treated. Ask your oncologist about cancer vaccines. The team from the Roswell Park Cancer Institute conducted two parallel phase II clinical ...
Simple Blood Test May Detect Ovarian Cancer
A new blood test may be able to differentiate between benign or malignant ovarian tumors. And most importantly, whether chemotherapy is necessary.
Getting to Know Your Ovarian Cancer Type
Knowing what kind of cancer you have is not as simple as you might think. In the case of ovarian cancer, a molecular test can now find out the specifics so that your treatment can be individualized.
Taller, Heavier Ovarian Cancer Risks
Ovarian cancer is one of the most mysterious forms of the disease, because it's usually discovered quite by surprise. So any new understanding about the disease is important to know. An international study provides new clues.
Ovarian Cancer Responds!
Chemotherapy usually is most effective in attacking and killing fast-growing cancer cells. That's why it's not particularly useful in treating slow-growing ovarian cancers. Researchers are working to overcome this.
- Avastin (5) Apply Avastin filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Aredia (1) Apply Aredia filter
- Boniva (1) Apply Boniva filter
- Cisplatin (1) Apply Cisplatin filter
- Evista (1) Apply Evista filter
- Fosamax (1) Apply Fosamax filter
- Lovenox (1) Apply Lovenox filter
- Nolvadex (1) Apply Nolvadex filter
- Olaparib (1) Apply Olaparib filter
- Reclast (1) Apply Reclast filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Votrient (1) Apply Votrient filter
- Zometa (1) Apply Zometa filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Ovarian Cancer filter Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (23) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (10) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (8) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (6) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (5) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (5) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (4) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (4) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (2) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (2) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Vulvar Cancer (2) Apply Vulvar Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (1) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (1) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Womens Health (37) Apply Womens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer