Predicting Chemo Response
One of the mysteries of cancer is its unpredictability. Sometimes chemotherapies work, and sometimes they don't. Recent research may help physicians personalize treatment for individual patients.
Do Contraceptives Increase Your Cancer Risks?
You're taking the pill, or maybe you've tried one of the injectable contraceptives. Now you hear something about an association between birth control and cancer and you start to freak. No need to.
Endometriosis Increases Risks of Ovarian Cancer
Millions of women and girls in the United States and around the world suffer from the painful, chronic condition known as endometriosis. Recent research indicates this condition could be a risk factor for ovarian cancer.
11 Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore
Let's face it - a woman's body is mysterious. It bleeds and discharges and cramps and swells and gets exhausted.
Pinpointing Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer can live within a woman's body for some time before showing itself. And sometimes its presence is never really felt. That's why diagnosing the disease is so tricky. Now, researchers have zeroed in on a way to detect ovarian cancer that has returned.
OTC Supplement Dims Ovarian Cancer
You know that vegetables are good for you. And cruciferous vegetables - broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts - are especially healthful. New studies are demonstrating the anti-cancer effects of an ingredient in these green goddesses.
Calculating Who's at Risk For Ovarian Cancer
It's one of the most elusive cancers and also one of the worst. Ovarian cancer has few distinct symptoms and virtually no early detection screening tests. A new program could help family practice physicians help pinpoint women most at risk.
4-Day Turnaround for Ovarian Cancer Vaccines
Women with recurrent ovarian cancer have very few treatment options. That's about to change. In the near future, women may have vaccines custom made for them to help their immune systems attack the cancer.
Risks of a Life-Saving Surgery for Women
Women at risk of ovarian cancer are sometimes encouraged to get their ovaries removed. While ovary removal surgery can save a woman's life, it also may raise the risk of other health problems.
Avastin Useful in Treating Ovarian Cancer
The main goal in treating ovarian cancer is preventing or delaying it from getting worse. A drug that's been controversial in treating advanced breast cancer shows promise in treating ovarian cancer.
- Avastin (5) Apply Avastin filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Aredia (1) Apply Aredia filter
- Boniva (1) Apply Boniva filter
- Cisplatin (1) Apply Cisplatin filter
- Evista (1) Apply Evista filter
- Fosamax (1) Apply Fosamax filter
- Lovenox (1) Apply Lovenox filter
- Nolvadex (1) Apply Nolvadex filter
- Olaparib (1) Apply Olaparib filter
- Reclast (1) Apply Reclast filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Votrient (1) Apply Votrient filter
- Zometa (1) Apply Zometa filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Ovarian Cancer filter Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (23) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (10) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (8) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (6) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Colon Cancer (5) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (5) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (4) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (4) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (2) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (2) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Vulvar Cancer (2) Apply Vulvar Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (1) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (1) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (1) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Womens Health (37) Apply Womens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer