Cancer's "Cellular Orchestra Conductor"
Changes in cell biology are at the heart of cancer. Specifically, when our genes go off key, the cacophony of cancer blares. Scientists are now learning how these genes are reprogrammed.
Weather Forecasting for Brain Cancer
Weather forecasting is a pretty complicated science, despite how easy it looks on TV. Now, scientists are seeing how this technology can be used to predict the course of brain cancer.
Tumor Invasion Strategies Revealed
What triggers some tumors to begin their invasion of healthy tissue? What gives the marching orders? Scientists now know the cascading events that push brain tumors to start infiltrating.
Crystal Ball for Brain Tumors
Two drugs are used to treat glioblastoma multiforme ( GBM ), the worst and most common form of brain cancer. Many tumors don't respond well to these medications, however, and scientists are beginning to understand why.
Hot Pink Tumors
Glioblastoma - the most aggressive form of brain cancer - doesn't appear as a distinct mass. The tumors are made up of the brain tissue itself. New technology is helping surgeons literally see the difference between diseased and healthy tissue.
Over-the-Counter Supplement for Brain Cancer?
Bodybuilders take L-arginine because the amino acid helps to build muscles. This over-the-counter supplement also helps to treat the deadliest form of brain cancer, glioblastoma .
Targeting Aggressive Brain Tumors
One of the most aggressive kinds of brain cancer is also one of the most common. Researchers may have found a way to battle Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM).
New Precision Tool for Brain Surgeons
In the field of medicine, there's nothing quite as difficult as removing brain tumors. Neurosurgeons have to be exquisitely accurate in their efforts. A new tool being testing could improve both surgical precision and patient survival.
Cancer Drug Fights Better Than Mike Tyson
Anything that works better than advertised is a pleasant surprise. For scientists, a brain cancer treatment is battling cancer better than expected.
Cholesterol-lowering Drugs May Treat Brain Cancer
One of the most exciting frontiers in oncology is discovering molecular behavior that responds to existing drug therapies. Just such a discovery has been made regarding a deadly form of brain cancer.
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Brain Cancer filter Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (3) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (3) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (3) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (3) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (2) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (1) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (1) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Pediatrics (6) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Hematology (4) Apply Hematology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (2) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer