Talking to Kids About Cancer
Nick Gonzalez is a Child Life Specialist. He talks and plays with kids who have cancer every day. These infants, toddlers, kids, adolescents and young adults come to the Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin, Texas to be treated - mostly for leukemia, or for brain tumors or soft tissue cancers.
FDA Approves Children's Brain Tumor Drug
The US Food and Drug Administration today approved Afinitor Disperz (everolimus tablets for oral suspension), a new pediatric dosage form of the anti-cancer drug Afinitor (everolimus) used to treat a rare brain tumor called subependymal giant cell astrocytoma (SEGA).
Steve Sabol Dies of Brain Cancer
He and his father revolutionized how Americans watch and experience pro football games on television. Steve Sabol was president of NFL Films and has died of brain cancer. He was 69 years old.
Child’s Dosage Approved For Cancer Rx
A rare type of brain tumor called SEGA ( subependymal giant cell astrocytoma ) can appear in children. The drug designed to take on this cancer is too strong for young patients. Now a new children’s dosage of a medication has been approved.
Living Much Longer With Brain Cancer
Cancer cells are really smart. They can hide out during treatment. Or they can resist treatment only to appear later. They can also avoid the body's defense system. Brain cancer researchers may have found a way to outsmart these smart cells.
Allergies May Keep Brain Cancer at Bay
Allergies are such a hassle, what with the runny, itchy eyes, nasal stuff and sneezing. Despite the nuisance of this condition, it may have an important cancer benefit.
Containing Cancer is Complicated
Why does cancer (so often) return after it's thought to have been killed and is no longer evident in the body? Scientists think they might know about why this happens - Cancer Stem Cells.
Genetic Fusion in Brain Cancer Discovered
Glioblastoma is the most common and unfortunately the most aggressive brain cancer. A recent study has pinpointed a genetic fusion that helps these brain tumors develop.
Resisting Cancer's Resistance
One of the many cruelties of cancer is that it may temporarily shrink in the presence of new drugs, only to come roaring back later.
Location, Location, Where is the Cancer Located?
Scientists are beginning to realize that cancer tumors are as unique as the people in whose bodies they form. This reality was borne out in recent pediatric brain cancer research.
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Brain Cancer filter Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer Female (3) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (3) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (3) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (3) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (2) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (1) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (1) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Pediatrics (6) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Hematology (4) Apply Hematology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (2) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer