Gardening Gurus Get Hives, Rashes and Itches
Gardening enthusiasts are out in full force. The sun is shining, flowers are blooming and critters are crawling. For some people, touching hazardous plants may irritate eczema and allegeies .
Up in Smoke
In life, expect the unexpected. In science, expect the unexpected.
Eczema's Effect on Food Allergy
While many children will outgrow their milk allergy, researchers have found that having eczema can reduce a child's chance of outgrowing their food allergies later in life.
Diseases that May Go Hand in Hand
Patients who suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) face a greater risk of developing shingles compared to those without COPD. The risk becomes even greater for those taking oral steroids for COPD.
No Comfort from Soft Water
Contrary to popular belief, water softeners may not provide relief for children who suffer from eczema.
The Power of Purple
Fungal infections that cannot be treated with anti-fungals because they have become reistant to them may be treated effectively with lavender oil, according to a new study from the University of Coimbra in Portugal.
More than an Athlete's Foot
Close contact is common among athletes who participate in team sports. This closeness can lead to the spread of various skin infections, dermatologists warn.
Itchy Skin, Eat a Handful of Nuts
A specific omega-6 fatty acid may be critical in maintaining healthy skin, according to a new study from the University of Illinois.
- Humira (6) Apply Humira filter
- Remicade (5) Apply Remicade filter
- Accutane (3) Apply Accutane filter
- Enbrel (3) Apply Enbrel filter
- Cimzia (2) Apply Cimzia filter
- Simponi (2) Apply Simponi filter
- Amnesteem (1) Apply Amnesteem filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Celexa (1) Apply Celexa filter
- Claravis (1) Apply Claravis filter
- Combivent (1) Apply Combivent filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Flovent (1) Apply Flovent filter
- Lexapro (1) Apply Lexapro filter
- Natroba (1) Apply Natroba filter
- ProAir HFA (1) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Propecia (1) Apply Propecia filter
- Proventil HFA (1) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Pulmicort Respules (1) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Spiriva (1) Apply Spiriva filter
- Stelara (1) Apply Stelara filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- Ventolin HFA (1) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Vfend (1) Apply Vfend filter
- Xopenex HFA (1) Apply Xopenex HFA filter
- Zoloft (1) Apply Zoloft filter
- Zyvox (1) Apply Zyvox filter
- (-) Remove Dermatology filter Dermatology
- Cancer (22) Apply Cancer filter
- Patient Safety Education (20) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (19) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (19) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (15) Apply Womens Health filter
- Gastrointestinal (14) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Mens Health (14) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (12) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Allergies (11) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (7) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (7) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Pulmonary Disease (7) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Diabetes (5) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Home (4) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter