Age Gives Clues About Bipolar Symptoms
Bipolar disorder is often diagnosed when people are in their 20s. Some people get diagnosed earlier or later. The age of diagnosis could tell doctors what to expect.
A Family of Mental Health Disorders
Depression, autism and schizophrenia have very different symptoms. But new genetic research suggests that they may share a root cause.
The Ups and Downs of Bipolar
Bipolar disorder, characterized by a tricky combination of extreme highs and extreme lows, can be a difficult and confusing disorder to manage.
Working with Bipolar Disorder
People with bipolar disorder may miss work or lose their jobs because of their symptoms. Researchers wanted to know which symptoms most affected work for people with bipolar disorder.
Childhood Experiences and Bipolar Health
Patients with bipolar disorder may develop other health issues. Events from childhood may help show who is at risk for these additional health problems.
Mixing Mental Health and Substance Use
If you're treating a teen for mental health, it's important to understand the big picture. The big picture includes how much they drink, smoke or use marijuana.
Asenapine for Bipolar Disorder?
Mixed episodes in bipolar disorder occur when a person has symptoms of both mania and depression at the same time. Few treatments have been designed to treat mixed episodes.
Bipolar Disorder and Drug Abuse in Teens
Substance abuse, or drug abuse, is common in people with bipolar disorder. A recent study looked for substance abuse risk factors in kids and teens with bipolar disorder.
Bipolar Symptoms and Social Function
Symptoms of bipolar disorder can get in the way of social activities like work and play. Even when symptoms are well-managed, they may still interfere with social aspects of life.
Symbyax for Bipolar – Does it Work?
Symbyax for bipolar disorder combines an antipsychotic med with an antidepressant into one pill. Having fewer pills to take may be easier, but it may not always be better.
- Zyprexa (9) Apply Zyprexa filter
- Seroquel (8) Apply Seroquel filter
- Depakote (7) Apply Depakote filter
- Risperdal Consta (7) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Lamictal (5) Apply Lamictal filter
- Geodon (4) Apply Geodon filter
- Prozac (3) Apply Prozac filter
- Saphris (3) Apply Saphris filter
- Abilify (2) Apply Abilify filter
- Effexor (2) Apply Effexor filter
- Lexapro (2) Apply Lexapro filter
- Seroquel XR (2) Apply Seroquel XR filter
- Zoloft (2) Apply Zoloft filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Celexa (1) Apply Celexa filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Fluoxetine (1) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Gralise (1) Apply Gralise filter
- Horizant (1) Apply Horizant filter
- Invega (1) Apply Invega filter
- Neurontin (1) Apply Neurontin filter
- Paxil (1) Apply Paxil filter
- Tegretol (1) Apply Tegretol filter
- Topamax (1) Apply Topamax filter
- Trileptal (1) Apply Trileptal filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Bipolar Disorder filter Bipolar Disorder
- Depression (49) Apply Depression filter
- Schizophrenia (46) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Anxiety Disorders (29) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (7) Apply Post Traumatic Stress Disorder filter
- Panic Disorder (5) Apply Panic Disorder filter
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (4) Apply Generalized Anxiety Disorder filter
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (2) Apply Obsessive Compulsive Disorder filter
- Social Anxiety Disorder (2) Apply Social Anxiety Disorder filter
- Addictions (14) Apply Addictions filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (12) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (11) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Emotional Health (11) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Child Disorders (9) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Suicide Prevention (9) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Sleep Disorders (6) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (5) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Stress (5) Apply Stress filter
- Eating Disorders (3) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Violence Prevention (3) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Attention Deficit Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Disorder filter
- Dementia (1) Apply Dementia filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (1) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (14) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (11) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (9) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (8) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (7) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Womens Health (7) Apply Womens Health filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Gastrointestinal (3) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Mens Health (3) Apply Mens Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (3) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Allergies (2) Apply Allergies filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (2) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Gout (1) Apply Gout filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health