How was your experience with Phytomenadione?
Uses of Phytomenadione
Phytomenadione is used in the treatment of:
- Abnormalities, Drug-Induced
- Infant, Premature, Diseases
Phytomenadione is used in the prevention of:
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Phytomenadione Brand Names
Phytomenadione may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Phytomenadione Drug Class
Phytomenadione is part of the drug class:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
This is not a complete list of Phytomenadionedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Phytomenadione and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Vitamin K 1 falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Vitamin K 1 should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Vitamin K 1 should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take phytomenadione exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Phytomenadione dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Phytomenadione is available in the following doses:
- Multivitamin With Minerals Calcium With Magnesium, Vitamins D And K Oral Tablet
- Multivitamin With Minerals Calcium With Vitamin D And K Oral Tablet
- Multivitamin With Minerals Calcium With Vitamin D And K Oral Tablet, Chewable
- Phytonadione 1 Mg/0.5 Ml Injectable Solution
- Phytonadione 10 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Phytonadione 100 Mcg Oral Tablet
- Phytonadione 5 Mg Oral Tablet
- Phytonadione Compounding Powder
Forms of Medication
Phytomenadione is available in the following forms:
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Tablet
- Prefilled Syringe