Statins May Reduce Liver Cancer Risks
Statins have been around for years to help lower cholesterol. Research has suggested that these medicines may help prevent cancer. A new study supports the mounting evidence.
Statins Do and Don’t Impact Breast Cancer
Statins are drugs that help lower cholesterol. They’ve been around for decades. They’re cheap and they work. This common heart medicine may also have important anti-cancer qualities.
New Safety Concern for Cholesterol Meds
Some medications used to treat high cholesterol, like Lipitor or Caduet , were linked to some cases of myopathy , a muscle wasting disease.
Cholesterol May Be Best Treated With Higher Dose Statins
A more intensive dose of cholesterol-lowering statins appears to help higher risk patients better manage cholesterol, a new study suggests.
RA Patients: Don't Quit Your Statins
When you stop taking a medication, your body can react poorly to the change. This may be the case for arthritis patients who stop taking a type of cholesterol-lowering drug.
Statins, Prostate Cancer Fighter?
A team from Duke University found that prostate growth is slightly slower in men prescribed statin drugs for high cholesterol.
Take a Liver Test Before Taking Statin Drugs
U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials have announced they will no longer recommend regular liver enzyme testing for patients taking one of several popular cholesterol-lowering drugs such as Lipitor ( atorvastatin ).
Statins May Help Reduce Influenza Deaths
Flu shots or anti-viral drugs are used to treat influenza, but there may be another possible treatment. Cholesterol-reducing drugs may help reduce deaths in patients hospitalized with the flu.
Experimental Cholesterol Drug Shows Promise
Eli Lily's experimental drug evacetrapib has been shown to raise good cholesterol levels while also decreasing bad cholesterol. It also successfully lowered triglyceride levels.
Reverse Artery Plaque With Medications
Large doses of common cholesterol-lowering medications appear to reverse coronary artery disease by reducing the amount of plaque in clogged arteries.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- Lipitor (36) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (27) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (15) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (5) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Atripla (1) Apply Atripla filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Reyataz (1) Apply Reyataz filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Truvada (1) Apply Truvada filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Viread (1) Apply Viread filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- Cardiovascular (36) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (6) Apply Diabetes filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (4) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Mens Health (3) Apply Mens Health filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter