Too Many Cholesterol Meds for Elderly Patients?
For patients with heart disease, cholesterol-lowering statins are often the first line of defense. But it seems that many doctors are prescribing statins to elderly patients without heart disease — and that could be a problem.
Statins and Memory Loss? Forget About It
One lifesaving drug may have even fewer side effects than previously thought.
What's Good for Diabetes May Be Good for the Heart
For those with type 2 diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels under control can seem like walking a tightrope. But that delicate balancing act may benefit more than just blood sugar.
Cholesterol Rx and Stroke: The Effects on Older Patients
If you have to take a pill for high cholesterol, it would be nice to know that it does double duty. New evidence suggests that for healthy older patients, cholesterol drugs might have some benefits beyond just lowering cholesterol.
This Rx Combo Might Protect Hearts After Menopause
Women have a higher risk of heart disease after menopause, but a combination therapy may reduce that risk.
Blocked Arteries Might Affect Rx Effects
When statin medications don’t work, check the arteries. They may not work because the arteries are blocked.
Exercise Still Key in Diabetes Care
The American Diabetes Associations' new guidelines send a message to patients to get moving and lower cholesterol for better heart health.
Rx Could Cut Diabetes Complications
A first-of-its-kind study examined the potential relationship between taking statins, prescription medicines that treat high cholesterol, and diabetes complications like vision loss and kidney damage.
Mayo Clinic Updates Cholesterol Guidelines
The Mayo Clinic recently assembled a task force to update existing cholesterol guidelines.
Cholesterol Rx May Be Lifesaver for Diabetes Patients
For those with Type 2 diabetes, heart disease is a major cause of death. Cholesterol-cutting statins, however, may help fight heart disease and prolong lives.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- Zocor (26) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (13) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (7) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (5) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Atripla (1) Apply Atripla filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Reyataz (1) Apply Reyataz filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Truvada (1) Apply Truvada filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Viread (1) Apply Viread filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- Cardiovascular (32) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (6) Apply Diabetes filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter