Infection Outbreak Missing a Culprit
The parasite Cyclospora has caused illnesses in multiple states across the US this summer, and officials are still investigating how it is spreading.
A Parasite Strikes the Lone Star State
An outbreak of the foodborne illness cyclosporiasis has caused over 45 infections in Texas. T he public needs to be on alert for digestive symptoms. Meanwhile, Texas health officials are on the hunt for a cause.
Latest Foodborne Outbreak Tied to Cheese
We assume food stored in the refrigerator is safe and healthy. But certain bacteria can grow and thrive even when the temperature is cool. A Listeria outbreak in the midwestern United States has been tied to a certain brand of soft cheeses.
Just a Stomach Bug?
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea — these unpleasant symptoms are often brushed off as "the stomach bug" and ignored. But in many cases, a norovirus infection may be the real culprit.
Berries Blamed for Hepatitis A Outbreak
Organic fruit may be produced without chemicals or pesticides, but that doesn't mean it is immune from being contaminated with foodborne illness.
Clean Eating is a Serious Matter
Food should fuel us and give us energy, not make us sick. But when certain bacteria gets involved, food can cause some serious problems in the body.
Uptick in Foodborne Infection
When it comes to episodes of food poisoning in the US, there is good news and there is bad news.
Real Frogs Not As Kid-Friendly as Kermit
Frogs and snakes may seem like low-maintenance pets for kids. But young children can become sick from contact with reptiles and amphibians.
Typhoid Fever Case in Indiana
A case of typhoid fever has been identified in a food handler at Purdue University on Tuesday. The case was announced by Indiana state officials with a warning regarding others' risk.
Score Big with Food Safety This Super Bowl Sunday
With the flu and noroviruses (stomach bugs) tackling millions this winter, it’s a good idea to plan ahead to avoid intercepting germs during Super Bowl parties. One of the best ways to guard yourself and your guests is to prevent double dipping.