Birth Control Device to Be Discontinued
By the end of this year, Essure, a permanent birth control device approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002, will no longer be produced and sold in the United States.
Sale of Contraception Device Restricted
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is restricting the sale and distribution of a permanent, implantable device used to prevent pregnancy.
Zika in the US: What It Means for Babies
Pregnant women in the United States may face a higher risk for Zika virus than previously thought, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Thyroid Screening in Pregnancy May Be Unnecessary
Treating mildly low thyroid function during pregnancy might not be worth the trouble, according to a new study.
The Importance of Folate in Pregnancy
Children of moms who had good folate levels during pregnancy may have a lower risk for childhood obesity, a new study found.
Pregnancy with PCOS: What May Up Your Chances
Dropping some weight may improve chances of pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) who are overweight or obese, according to new research.
A Way to Protect Babies from the Flu
For babies younger than 6 months, influenza vaccination has not been proven to be successful. But a new study found a different way to protect babies from the flu.
The Pill: Harmful in Early Pregnancy?
Could taking birth control pills while pregnant harm a developing baby? It's unlikely, new evidence suggests.
Good News for Kids Born by IVF
For couples struggling to conceive, here's some potentially comforting news about the safety of infertility treatments.
New Hope for Fertility After Cancer
Young women with invasive breast cancer are often faced with a difficult choice: whether or not to undergo chemotherapy despite its risk of infertility.
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Womens Health (98) Apply Womens Health filter
- Pediatrics (45) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (24) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cancer (21) Apply Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (6) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Cervical Cancer (2) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (1) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (1) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (1) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (1) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (1) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Mental Health (20) Apply Mental Health filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Depression (5) Apply Depression filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Addictions (4) Apply Addictions filter
- Anxiety Disorders (2) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Violence Prevention (2) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (1) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Sexual Health (17) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (13) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Baby (11) Apply Baby filter
- Mens Health (11) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (6) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hematology (5) Apply Hematology filter
- Diabetes (4) Apply Diabetes filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (3) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Allergies (2) Apply Allergies filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Pulmonary Disease (2) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (2) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter