Popular Diabetes Rx May Not Cut Bladder Cancer Risk
Widely given to patients with type 2 diabetes, metformin has been linked to reducing the risk for many types of cancers. The medication, however, may not be effective against one certain cancer.
Heart Health Effects of Diabetes Rx Depended on Gender
Type 2 diabetes patients have a high risk of heart disease. Recognizing the effects of diabetes medication on the heart may help change those risks — which might depend on gender.
Metformin Led to Little Weight Loss in Children
As childhood obesity in the US has increased in the past decade, researchers have looked for options to treat it. One such option is a medication called metformin.
Diabetes Medications May Impact Cancer Risks
People with type 2 diabetes have higher cancer risks than the general population. The link may have to do with how diabetes affects the metabolism. Diabetes medications may also figure into the equation.
Diabetes-Free Hearts Not Helped by Metformin
The most widely prescribed medication for diabetes, metformin, also has heart health benefits for diabetes patients. For those without diabetes, however, its effects on the heart may be limited.
Good Heart Health with Type 2 Diabetes
Heart problems are a serious and common issue for patients with type 2 diabetes. Controlling diabetes might reduce their heart risks, but that protection might depend on the specific diabetes treatment.
Controlling Diabetes and Cancer Risks
A great deal of research has been focused on cancer risks among people living with diabetes. Recent studies examined the impact that a certain diabetes medicine may have on the cancer risks of diabetes patients.
Diabetes Rx Shrinks Cancer Deaths
A common diabetes medication — metformin — is proving itself to be multi-talented. It’s an inexpensive, highly effective medicine that does more than lower blood sugar levels. Metformin is becoming something of a star in the cancer world.
Kids with Diabetes Worse Off Than Adults
As the obesity rate among young people has climbed, so has the rate of type 2 diabetes. Adolescents who get the disease may face more health problems than those who get it as an adult.
Diabetes Rx and Breast Cancer Survival
The diabetes drug metformin has been something of a darling in the cancer world of late. Previous research has shown that it may help prevent or beat cancer. But a new study has come along that creates a question mark.
- (-) Remove Metformin filter Metformin
- Glucophage (6) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (4) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Actos (2) Apply Actos filter
- Avandia (2) Apply Avandia filter
- Amlodipine (1) Apply Amlodipine filter
- Avandamet (1) Apply Avandamet filter
- Hydrochlorothiazide (1) Apply Hydrochlorothiazide filter
- Invokana (1) Apply Invokana filter
- Levothyroxine (1) Apply Levothyroxine filter
- Lisinopril (1) Apply Lisinopril filter
- Lovaza (1) Apply Lovaza filter
- Metoprolol (1) Apply Metoprolol filter
- Omeprazole (1) Apply Omeprazole filter
- Diabetes (18) Apply Diabetes filter
- Cancer (6) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (4) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (1) Apply Mens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter