Social Media Impacts Cancer Rx Adherence
“I hurt, ache, swell, pain, shuffle, have significant join pain, have cognitive issues, and feel like I’m 80 when I’m mid-50’s. But I’m also so afraid of the breast cancer that I shuffle alongside of everyone, like you do.” Those are the words of a breast cancer survivor talking on a social media channel.
A Breast Cancer Elf?
Here’s an intriguing thought. What if we could reprogram cancer so it responds to treatment? That’s exactly what breast cancer experts are exploring.
Can a Single Gene Defeat Tamoxifen Treatment?
Not all women respond to a common breast cancer drug called tamoxifen . Not to worry–these women can now be identified and switched to another medication before the disease turns deadly.
Offering Women with Stage IV Breast Cancer More Time
When breast cancer begins to spread to other organs, it's considered Stage IV. Two drugs currently being used to treat breast cancer have been found to work better together for the most serious form of the disease.
Powerful Rx Combo for Advanced Breast Cancer
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved a drug to be used for postmenopausal women with advanced hormone-receptor positive and HER2-negative breast cancer.
Fat Cells Cuddle Up With and Hold Estrogen
Obesity. Obesity. Obesity. It's spreading everywhere and touches most every chronic health condition. Now researchers find obesity could affect how well long-term breast cancer treatments work.
Estrogen Meds Help Prevent Lung Cancer too
The hormone estrogen is well-known for driving breast cancer. Researchers are now finding that estrogen-blocking medications, which are commonly used to help prevent a recurrence of the disease, may have uses in other cancers as well.
Advancements in Treating Advanced Breast Cancers
A great deal of exciting news has been released recently regarding novel drug combinations that extend the lives of patients living with advanced breast cancers.
Drug Therapy Before Surgery Shrinks Breast Cancer Tumors
Women with large breast cancer tumors usually have two options - have chemotherapy to shrink the tumor before a lumpectomy - or have the entire breast removed. Now there are gentler options.
- (-) Remove Arimidex filter Arimidex
- Femara (13) Apply Femara filter
- Aromasin (7) Apply Aromasin filter
- Tamoxifen (7) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Afinitor (2) Apply Afinitor filter
- Evista (2) Apply Evista filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Avastin (1) Apply Avastin filter
- Fareston (1) Apply Fareston filter
- Faslodex (1) Apply Faslodex filter
- Fosamax (1) Apply Fosamax filter
- Fosamax Plus D (1) Apply Fosamax Plus D filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Nolvadex (1) Apply Nolvadex filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter