New MRI Method for Diagnosing Dementia
A test called a spinal tap can test for markers of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). The markers can help doctors tell if dementia is AD or not. An MRI may offer a less invasive way to look at markers.
Keep Your Mind Sharp: Aprender Español!
Being able to speak two languages has all sorts of benefits. A possible long-term benefit may be surprising, though. You might end up sharper in old age.
Beta Blockers May Protect the Brain
High blood pressure has been linked to higher risk of dementia. Using certain high blood pressure drugs may protect the brain from damage.
More Grim News for Gridiron?
Football has always been a dangerous game. Now researchers are learning more about the long-term effects professional players may be experiencing from career-related head injuries.
Caregivers Take on the Alzheimer’s Patch
Caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease (AD) may have a lot to manage. Can skin patches that deliver drugs save time, energy and improve quality of life for caregivers?
Behind the Wheel with Dementia
Some reports say that dementia patients may be more likely to have car accidents while driving. But are accidents the reason that people stop driving when they have dementia?
Post-Surgery Memory Loss Is Not Dementia
Some people have problems with thinking and memory after having surgery. Researchers wanted to know if having these post-surgery problems was a risk factor for dementia.
Feeling Blue With Alzheimer's
Losing mental skills can be hard to handle and may, understandably, lead to depression. Depression symptoms with dementia could intensify some problem behaviors, which may affect quality of life.
To Boldly Go Into Space…Has Risks
Space: the final frontier. Today, a manned mission to Mars is a more realistic possibility than ever. But to boldly go where no man has gone before can take its toll on our brains.
Linking Dementia and Depression?
Aging is a part of life and it can involve changes in the brain. Most do not develop memory problems or depression, but these two things can develop together in some people.
- Aricept (8) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (5) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (5) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (2) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (2) Apply Crestor filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Aciphex (1) Apply Aciphex filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Actoplus (1) Apply Actoplus filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Advair (1) Apply Advair filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Premarin (1) Apply Premarin filter
- Provera (1) Apply Provera filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Dementia filter Dementia
- Depression (21) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (9) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (7) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Emotional Health (6) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Addictions (5) Apply Addictions filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (5) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (1) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (185) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Alzheimers Disease (181) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (50) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (20) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (16) Apply Stroke filter
- High Cholesterol (7) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (6) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (5) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (1) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (41) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (21) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (14) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (12) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (11) Apply Trauma filter
- Infectious Disease (9) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (4) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Deafness Hearing Loss (2) Apply Deafness Hearing Loss filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health