CDC Reports Americans Living Longer Than Ever
Americans may be living longer than ever before. In a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report, measures of life span were up and rates of death were down.
Dangers of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
Binge drinking, especially over the course of several years, can come with severe health consequences. Here’s a list of some of the consequences of drinking too much alcohol.
Beer: The Health Benefits and Consequences
Many Americans enjoy their alcohol, spending close to $99 billion every year on beer alone. Here’s a list of potential health benefits and consequences of beer consumption.
Foods that Boost Brain Power
A few changes to your diet may give your brain a boost!
Sweet Benefits of Chocolate
Chocolate may be sweet, rich and delicious, but it also can provide health benefits when consumed in moderation. Here’s a list of ways that chocolate can benefit your health.
The Benefits of Drinking Tea
Tea comes in four varieties and can provide a host of health benefits. Here are some of the potential health benefits of drinking tea.
Can Cancer Cancel Alzheimer's?
Alzheimer's disease is the most common type of dementia. Alzheimer's is not a normal part of aging, although it typically develops in later adulthood. Research is ongoing to find causes and cures for Alzheimer's, including links between Alzheimer's and other diseases.
Cancer and Alzheimer's: A Less Likely Duo
Alzheimer's disease and cancer are big concerns for many aging people. Having one of those conditions can be difficult for patients and families. Having both would likely be an even greater hardship.
Fitness Now Improves Life Later
Higher fitness levels bring lots of benefits to individuals in the now. It helps keep away illnesses and makes the body strong. And fitness also has an effect way down the road by adding years to life, but its quality had been in question.
Can Mindfulness Help Loneliness?
Loneliness among older individuals can be a significant risk factor for health problems like cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s and even death.
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- (-) Remove Alzheimers Disease filter Alzheimers Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (4) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Osteoporosis (2) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Migraine Headaches (1) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Parkinsons Disease (1) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Mental Health (9) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (8) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (6) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Diabetes (5) Apply Diabetes filter
- Rheumatic Disease (5) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (3) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Incontinence (2) Apply Incontinence filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (2) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (2) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter