Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary DiseaseInfo Center
Cholesterol Rx Does Not Prevent COPD Flare-Ups
Statins have been found to reduce inflammation in blood vessels and lower risk of heart attack and stroke. Some have thought the medication could have a similar anti-inflammatory effect on COPD.
Healthy Diet for Healthier Lungs in COPD
There are treatments for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). However, there is no cure for the condition. But that doesn't mean that patients with COPD can't take personal steps to improve their disease-related health.
Benzodiazepines and COPD May Be a Bad Combination
COPD causes difficult breathing, which can lead to anxiety and insomnia. A new study says a common type of medication used to ease these symptoms may not be the best option for those with COPD.
Exercise May Prevent Return Trip to Hospital for COPD Patients
Due to the nature of the disease, people with COPD are typically quite sedentary. New research is giving them a good reason to add even a little exercise into their daily routine.
Trouble Breathing Linked to Trouble Thinking for Seniors
For seniors, having difficulty breathing could be a sign that other medical problems are on the horizon — problems like a decline in memory and thinking abilities.
Walking to Stay Hospital-Free with COPD
For patients with lung disease, developing a regular exercise habit requires extra dedication. But new research shows that physical activity may improve COPD outcomes.
Even Before COPD, Smokers Exercised Less
Plenty of smokers also exercise and try to stay fit. But researchers behind a new study found that they still might not fare as well as non-smokers.
COPD Tied To Disability and Less Socializing
COPD is a condition that makes breathing more difficult, but it's presence could affect other areas of life, including risk for disability and even social engagement.
COPD Tied to Quality of Life
Though a certain group of lung diseases can often be prevented, the conditions are still common among US adults and may be more so among certain groups, says a new study.
Gender Differences in COPD
COPD, a common lung disease, used to be considered a disease that primarily occurs in men. However, in recent years, more women have been diagnosed with COPD.
- Spiriva (3) Apply Spiriva filter
- Combivent (2) Apply Combivent filter
- Flovent (2) Apply Flovent filter
- Proventil HFA (2) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Pulmicort Respules (2) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Ventolin HFA (2) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Xopenex HFA (2) Apply Xopenex HFA filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Avinza (1) Apply Avinza filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Foradil (1) Apply Foradil filter
- Kadian (1) Apply Kadian filter
- Oxecta (1) Apply Oxecta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- ProAir HFA (1) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Xopenex (1) Apply Xopenex filter
- Zithromax (1) Apply Zithromax filter