FDA Approves Rx to Treat Crohn's Disease in Kids
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new treatment for Crohn's disease in children. It is the first treatment for pediatric Crohn's approved to be administered at home.
Short-Course RA Therapy May Offer Long-Term Relief
The goal of treating rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is to dial down disease activity and provide relief from the pain, stiffness, joint damage and functional problems. A recent study highlighted one treatment that may help.
Depression in RA Patients May Be Higher Than Previously Reported
People with severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can be depressed about their health situation and anxious about what lies ahead. A new study looked at just how many people with RA were depressed.
Sleeping With Rheumatoid Arthritis
It’s hard to sleep restfully when you’re in pain. Researchers recently analyzed the quality of sleep in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Anti-TNFs Not to Blame for Skin Infections in RA
Anti-TNF medications used to control arthritis symptoms have been linked to increased risks for skin infections. However, a recent study has shown that this may not necessarily be true.
Treating Pediatric Uveitis with Humira
Uveitis is a condition in which inflammation occurs deep inside the eye. In children, the condition is more likely to lead to blindness than in adults. For this reason, finding the right treatment for children is critical.
Skipping Out on Arthritis Meds
Some patients who worry about taking too much of a prescription medicine might not take their meds as prescribed, including arthritis patients. Not following the dose instructions has become a lot more common.
RA Treatments Go Head-to-Head
Biologic medications are a newer form of treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. They are often prescribed in combination with other medications. But how do they work when given alone? And which one works best on its own?
No Safety Surprises from Humira
Humira (adalimumab) is a medication used to treat a variety of diseases. As the medication is being prescribed to more and more patients, researchers wanted to see if there were any side effects they didn't know about before.
Comparing Rx for Psoriatic Arthritis
Three medicines are most commonly used to treat psoriatic arthritis. But is one better than the others?
- (-) Remove Humira filter Humira
- Remicade (26) Apply Remicade filter
- Enbrel (24) Apply Enbrel filter
- Simponi (8) Apply Simponi filter
- Cimzia (7) Apply Cimzia filter
- Methotrexate (3) Apply Methotrexate filter
- Asacol (2) Apply Asacol filter
- Imuran (2) Apply Imuran filter
- Orencia (2) Apply Orencia filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Purinethol (1) Apply Purinethol filter
- Tysabri (1) Apply Tysabri filter
- Rheumatic Disease (31) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (12) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Dermatology (8) Apply Dermatology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (5) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Mental Health (2) Apply Mental Health filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter