Depression in RA Patients May Be Higher Than Previously Reported
People with severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA) can be depressed about their health situation and anxious about what lies ahead. A new study looked at just how many people with RA were depressed.
Sleeping With Rheumatoid Arthritis
It’s hard to sleep restfully when you’re in pain. Researchers recently analyzed the quality of sleep in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Anti-TNFs Not to Blame for Skin Infections in RA
Anti-TNF medications used to control arthritis symptoms have been linked to increased risks for skin infections. However, a recent study has shown that this may not necessarily be true.
Skipping Out on Arthritis Meds
Some patients who worry about taking too much of a prescription medicine might not take their meds as prescribed, including arthritis patients. Not following the dose instructions has become a lot more common.
Comparing Rx for Psoriatic Arthritis
Three medicines are most commonly used to treat psoriatic arthritis. But is one better than the others?
Obesity May Lower Chances of Ridding RA
If you are obese, you are putting extra strain on your joints. That excess weight is known to make osteoarthritis worse. Could obesity also make it harder to treat rheumatoid arthritis?
New RA Drugs May Reduce Hospital Stays
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis are admitted to hospitals for a number of reasons. They may need surgery, or the inflammation caused by their disease may lead to health problems in other organs.
RA Drugs May Prevent Early Death
Rheumatoid arthritis not only affects your joints, but also other organs throughout the body. When other organs are affected, patients may be faced with serious problems, even death. One type of drug may lower this risk.
RA Patients Did Well with Specialty Help
Controlling the pain and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis is no easy task. As such, treating the disease requires a specialist. A recent study suggests that patients should see a specialist as soon as possible.
Different Drugs, Same Death Rates
When it comes to treating rheumatoid arthritis, there are a number of drugs that can be used. Each drug works differently and has different risks. Do these differences also mean different death rates?
- (-) Remove Enbrel filter Enbrel
- (-) Remove Humira filter Humira
- Remicade (20) Apply Remicade filter
- Simponi (7) Apply Simponi filter
- Cimzia (3) Apply Cimzia filter
- Methotrexate (2) Apply Methotrexate filter
- Asacol (1) Apply Asacol filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Imuran (1) Apply Imuran filter
- Rheumatic Disease (18) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Dermatology (5) Apply Dermatology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (4) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Cancer (3) Apply Cancer filter
- Gastrointestinal (3) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Mental Health (2) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Patient Safety Education (1) Apply Patient Safety Education filter