Risk Factors for Depression after IBD Diagnosis
Depression is more common in people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) than in the general population, but some people with IBD have an even higher risk for depression.
Examining Surgical Options for Ulcerative Colitis
When facing surgery, many patients have to decide between newer techniques versus old standards. A new review compared two such types of surgery for patients with gastrointestinal issues.
New Therapy Studied for Ulcerative Colitis
Budesonide reduces swelling in the digestive tract of those with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). A new extended-release version seems to be effective and safe for treating ulcerative colitis, a type of IBD.
Exploring Diet with IBD
Some people eat food with little thought to its journey through their system. But for patients with inflammatory bowel disease, the process of digestion may get a lot more consideration.
Choice of a Pill or Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
Some conditions can only be treated with medication or surgery. Others, such as ulcerative colitis, can be treated with both options.
Depression Rx Used for IBD Symptoms
Successful treatment of bowel inflammation in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis can still sometimes result in an irritated bowel. Help for these symptoms may come from an unlikely source.
Exercise May Lower IBD Risk
Apart from maintaining heart health, bone health and mental health, exercising also may help maintain digestive health.
IBD No Barrier to Having Babies
Inflammatory bowel disease may seem like a big obstacle for young couples hoping to start a family, but there may be little cause for concern.
Heat Waves Can Stir Up Tummy Troubles
Excessive heat can be both physically and emotionally draining. Besides being a nuisance, heat waves can also cause certain conditions to flare up.
New Rx for IBD When Other Treatments Fail
Inflammatory bowel diseases are usually treated by suppressing the immune system. But a weakened immune system can put patients at risk for other health problems. A new treatment being tested may be effective and have fewer negative effects than current therapies.
- Humira (4) Apply Humira filter
- Imuran (3) Apply Imuran filter
- Remicade (3) Apply Remicade filter
- Enbrel (2) Apply Enbrel filter
- Simponi (2) Apply Simponi filter
- Accutane (1) Apply Accutane filter
- Amitiza (1) Apply Amitiza filter
- Amnesteem (1) Apply Amnesteem filter
- Cimzia (1) Apply Cimzia filter
- Claravis (1) Apply Claravis filter
- Pentasa (1) Apply Pentasa filter
- Uceris (1) Apply Uceris filter
- (-) Remove Gastrointestinal filter Gastrointestinal
- Dermatology (8) Apply Dermatology filter
- Cancer (6) Apply Cancer filter
- Rheumatic Disease (5) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (3) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (3) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter