Cutting Blood Pressure Early in Diabetes
Diabetes patients need to control not only their blood sugar, but also their blood pressure. Rising blood pressure can lead to complications in diabetes. Tackling high blood pressure early may prevent heart problems.
Obesity May Speed-Up Cognitive Decline
Keeping a healthy weight has many benefits. Recent research suggests that it may also help keep memory sharp as you age. A recent study looked at people’s weight and other health problems, like high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
Intense Blood Pressure Goals in Diabetes
People with diabetes face a higher risk of heart problems. While treating high blood pressure has been shown to protect against these complications, it remains uncertain what blood pressure target is best.
Taking Control When Multiple Conditions Occur
For more than 75 million people living with multiple, chronic medical conditions, taking care of their health is a daily challenge. Managing multiple conditions at the same time can seem overwhelming, but with the right guidance from a doctor, it can be done.
Multiple Risk Factors Linked to Preemies
Marijuana is often thought of as a drug that causes relatively little harm compared to other street drugs. But that may not be the case if you're carrying a little one to term.
Eye Damage in Diabetes and Hypertension
Both high blood pressure and eye problems are common complications of diabetes. Now, new research reveals how high blood pressure affects vision in diabetes patients.
Weight Loss Surgery Reverses Diabetes
Diabetes patients often gain better control of their disease through healthy lifestyle choices. But when diet and exercise aren't enough, weight loss surgery may do the trick, especially for obese patients.
'Blood-Letting' Delivers Health Benefits
The practice of blood-letting or bleeding patients was abandoned in the 19th century when it became clear there was little benefit. New research suggests the barbaric-sounding practice could offer a very real heart benefit.
Half of Overweight Teens at Early Heart Risk
A soaring increase in the number of teenagers suffering from diabetes means that more than a third of presumably healthy normal-weight adolescents are at risk of heart disease.
One in Three Adults Have Hypertension
One in three adults around the world has elevated blood pressure, a World Health Organization (WHO) report has indicated. The report also emphasized increasing rates of diabetes and obesity.
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- (-) Remove Hypertension filter Hypertension
- High Cholesterol (45) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Stroke (31) Apply Stroke filter
- Heart Attack (22) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (7) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Atherosclerosis (6) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (6) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (5) Apply Peripheral Arterial Disease filter
- Aortic Aneurysm (1) Apply Aortic Aneurysm filter
- (-) Remove Diabetes filter Diabetes
- Healthy Eating and Diet (56) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (30) Apply Mental Health filter
- Addictions (13) Apply Addictions filter
- Depression (7) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (4) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Dementia (3) Apply Dementia filter
- Stress (3) Apply Stress filter
- Anxiety Disorders (1) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Child Disorders (1) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Emotional Health (1) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Cancer (21) Apply Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (4) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (4) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (3) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (2) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (2) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (1) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Kidney Disease (14) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (13) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Patient Safety Education (13) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Mens Health (9) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (8) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Womens Health (8) Apply Womens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (6) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Sexual Health (6) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Exercise (5) Apply Exercise filter
- Eye Disease (5) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (5) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Pediatrics (4) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (3) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Gout (2) Apply Gout filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (2) Apply Incontinence filter
- Pulmonary Disease (2) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular