Who Is Protected From Obesity Problems?
Obesity and metabolic problems may not always go hand-in-hand. Some obese people may not develop the metabolic changes that are often tied to obesity.
Holiday Menus for Diabetes Patients
The holidays are a time of celebration, family and a lot of sweet, salty and fatty foods. And although they have dietary restrictions, diabetes patients can still safely enjoy holiday food — with a few simple substitutions and some smaller portions.
Diet May Trump Glycemic Index
Lowering your risk for health problems like diabetes and heart disease through diet may be simpler than once thought. Patients may need to simply focus on eating healthy, natural foods in general, rather than worrying about how healthy foods affect factors like blood sugar.
Don't 'Bypass' Exercise After Weight Loss Surgery
Having weight loss surgery can improve obese patients' health, but it isn't a fix-all for health problems tied to being obese. Exercise may improve these patients' overall health even more and lower their risk for diabetes.
Yogurt May Help Prevent Diabetes
As the saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctor away — but pairing that fruit with yogurt may keep diabetes away, too.
Coffee May Reduce Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
Coffee drinkers may have one more reason to brew another pot. Coffee might prevent type 2 diabetes, according to a research roundup published for World Diabetes Day.
Bariatric Surgery May Reduce Diabetes Risk
Surgery for weight loss is meant to help patients slim down. But new research suggests that it might also prevent type 2 diabetes in the process.
Low Vitamin D Not Tied to Diabetes Risk
Past studies have suggested that low vitamin D may be tied to an increased risk for type 2 diabetes. But new research challenges that notion.
Exercise Levels Low in Diabetes Patients
Diabetes is a disease closely tied to weight, but are patients getting enough exercise to slim down? Maybe not, suggests a new study.
Type 2 Diabetes Prevalence Increased, Especially Among Men
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that more than 1 in 3 adults are obese. And rising obesity rates may be tied to a rise in diabetes.
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Avandia (1) Apply Avandia filter
- Byetta (1) Apply Byetta filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Invokana (1) Apply Invokana filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Metformin (1) Apply Metformin filter
- Prandin (1) Apply Prandin filter
- Qsymia (1) Apply Qsymia filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Victoza (1) Apply Victoza filter
- (-) Remove Diabetes filter Diabetes
- (-) Remove Healthy Eating and Diet filter Healthy Eating and Diet
- Cardiovascular (87) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (33) Apply Hypertension filter
- High Cholesterol (21) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Stroke (21) Apply Stroke filter
- Heart Attack (17) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (10) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (4) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (3) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (1) Apply Peripheral Arterial Disease filter
- Mental Health (36) Apply Mental Health filter
- Depression (12) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (8) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Addictions (7) Apply Addictions filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Dementia (2) Apply Dementia filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (1) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Emotional Health (1) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Cancer (24) Apply Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (7) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (6) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Lung Cancer (2) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Male (1) Apply Breast Cancer Male filter
- Cervical Cancer (1) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (1) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (1) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (1) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (16) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Multiple Sclerosis (9) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Alzheimers Disease (6) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Osteoporosis (6) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Osteoarthritis (3) Apply Osteoarthritis filter
- Parkinsons Disease (3) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Migraine Headaches (1) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Gastrointestinal (15) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Infectious Disease (14) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Pediatrics (14) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Exercise (11) Apply Exercise filter
- Womens Health (11) Apply Womens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (10) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (10) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (6) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Incontinence (5) Apply Incontinence filter
- Eye Disease (4) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (4) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (4) Apply Mens Health filter
- Hematology (3) Apply Hematology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (3) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Gout (1) Apply Gout filter