How was your experience with Inositol?
Inositol Brand Names
Inositol may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Inositol Drug Class
Inositol is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Inositoldrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Inositol and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Inositol falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Inositol should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Inositol should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Take inositol exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Inositol dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Inositol is available in the following doses:
- Amino Acids-urea Topical Vaginal Cream With Applicator
- Inositol 250 Mg Oral Tablet
- Inositol 324 Mg Oral Tablet
- Inositol 500 Mg Oral Tablet
- Inositol 650 Mg Oral Tablet
- Inositol Compounding Powder
- Multivitamin Lipotropic With Multivitamins Oral Capsule
- Multivitamin Lipotropic With Multivitamins Oral Tablet
Forms of Medication
Inositol is available in the following forms:
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Suspension
- Oral Tablet