Taylor Farms Pacific is voluntarily recalling products containing broccoli because of possible health risks posed by bacterial contamination.
The company is recalling items with the specific product codes dates in a limited distribution showing Best if Used by from 2/7/11 to 3/7/11 out of an abundance of caution due to a possible health risk from Listeria monocytogenes. No illnesses have been reported in association with the recall.
Listeria monocytogenes is a bacterium that can cause foodborne illness in a person who eats a food item contaminated with it. Symptoms of infection may include fever, muscle aches, gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea or diarrhea. Most healthy adults and children rarely become seriously ill. The illness primarily impacts pregnant women and adults with weakened immune systems.
PRODUCT NAME AND DESCRIPTION
- TFarms, Snack Pot Penne Alfredo 8/10.75oz Tray
- Raley's, Asian Pasta Toss 1/12oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 4/23oz Tray sold at Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Pak N’ Save
- Raleys, Yellow Curry Chicken Rice Bowl 17oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Veggie Pleaser 1/23oz Tray sold at Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Pak N’ Save
- Raley's Veggie Blend 4/12 oz.
- Raleys, Cheese Stuffed Shells W/Rustica Tomatoes Sauce 14oz
- TFarms, Snack Pot Pasta Primavera 8/12oz Tray
- Raleys, Grilled Chckn Breast W/Mashed Potatoes & Gravy 14oz
- Raley's, Vegetable 1/3# Tray
- Raleys, Broccoli Rice & Cheese 16oz Tray
- Raley's, Vegetable & Dip Pre-made Impulse 1/28oz Tray
- Raleys, Udon Pork Noodle Bowl 17oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 4/34oz sold at Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Pak N’ Save
- Raleys, Udon Chicken Noodle Bowl 17oz Tray
- Signature Cafe, Mediterranean Snacker Tray 1/34oz sold at Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Pak N’ Save
- Raleys, Family Grilled Chicken Penne Alfredo 37.5oz Tray
- Raley's Vegetable Catering Kit
Only the above products are included in the recall in a limited distribution.
This precautionary recall is being conducted to reach retailers as well as consumers. Consumers should check their refrigerators for the above mentioned items with the code date from 2/7 to 3/7. If they have the product, they should not consume it, but rather immediately discard it. Retailers should immediately stop the sale of the affected products and check their inventories and store shelves to confirm that none of the product is mistakenly present or available for purchase by consumers or in warehouse inventories. Taylor Farms customer service representatives are already contacting retailers and are in the process of confirming that the recalled product is not in the stream of commerce. The cases were distributed by Taylor Farms to 6 states, including; CA, AZ, NV, OR, UT, WA. Distribution dates were from February 7 to February 24.
The precautionary recall notification is being issued due a positive result for Listeria monocytogenes in a random sample collected and analyzed by the Washington Department of Agriculture. Taylor Farms is coordinating closely with regulatory officials. Immediately upon learning about the positive test result, Taylor Farms conducted a traceability assessment and a full review of its food safety documentation, all of which were found to be in compliance.
Retailers and Consumers with questions may call the Taylor Farms Response Center at 209-835-6300 Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Pacific Time