Chlorphenamine relieves allergies. May cause you to feel sleepy. Do not drive until you know how it affects you.
How was your experience with Chlorphenamine?
Uses of Chlorphenamine
Chlorphenamine is used in the treatment of:
- Rhinitis, Allergic, Perennial
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Chlorphenamine Brand Names
Chlorphenamine may be found in some form under the following brand names:
Chlorphenamine Drug Class
Chlorphenamine is part of the drug class:
This is not a complete list of Chlorphenaminedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Chlorphenamine and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Chlorphenamine falls into category B:
There are no well-done studies that have been done in humans with Chlorphenamine. But in animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication, and the babies did not show any medical issues related to this medication.
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given Chlorphenamine, and some babies had problems. But in human studies, pregnant women were given this medication and their babies did not have any problems related to this medication.
Take chlorphenamine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Chlorphenamine dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Chlorphenamine is available in the following doses:
- Chlorpheniramine 1 Mg/5 Ml Oral Liquid
- Chlorpheniramine 10 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Chlorpheniramine 12 Mg Oral Capsule, Extended Release
- Chlorpheniramine 12 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Chlorpheniramine 16 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Chlorpheniramine 2 Mg Oral Tablet, Chewable
- Chlorpheniramine 2 Mg/5 Ml Oral Syrup
- Chlorpheniramine 2 Mg/ml Oral Liquid
- Chlorpheniramine 2 Mg/ml Oral Suspension, Extended Release
- Chlorpheniramine 4 Mg Oral Tablet
- Chlorpheniramine 4 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension, Extended Release
- Chlorpheniramine 8 Mg Oral Capsule, Extended Release
- Chlorpheniramine 8 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
- Chlorpheniramine 8 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension, Extended Release
- Chlorpheniramine Compounding Powder
- Chlorpheniramine Tannate 8 Mg Oral Tablet, Extended Release
Forms of Medication
Chlorphenamine is available in the following forms:
- Disintegrating Tablet
- Extended Release Capsule
- Extended Release Suspension
- Extended Release Tablet
- Injectable Solution
- Oral Capsule
- Oral Solution
- Oral Suspension
- Oral Tablet
- Topical Lotion