Patient Ratings for Calcium Folinate
How was your experience with Calcium Folinate?
Uses of Calcium Folinate
Calcium Folinate is used in the treatment of:
- Anemia, Megaloblastic
Calcium Folinate is used in the prevention of:
- Drug Toxicity
- Folic Acid Deficiency
This medication may be prescribed for other uses. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Calcium Folinate Drug Class
Calcium Folinate is part of the drug class:
Calcium Folinate Interactions
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your doctor if you take:
This is not a complete list of Calcium Folinatedrug interactions. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
Calcium Folinate and Pregnancy
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
The FDA categorizes medications based on safety for use during pregnancy. Five categories - A, B, C, D, and X, are used to classify the possible risks to an unborn baby when a medication is taken during pregnancy.
Calcium Folinate falls into category C:
In animal studies, pregnant animals were given this medication and had some babies born with problems. No well-controlled studies have been done in humans, though. Therefore, this medication may be used if the potential benefits to the mother outweigh the potential risks to the unborn child.
There are no well-controlled studies that have been done in pregnant women. Calcium Folinate should be used during pregnancy only if the possible benefit outweighs the possible risk to the unborn baby.
No studies have been done in animals, and no well-controlled studies have been done in pregnant women. Calcium Folinate should be given to a pregnant woman only if clearly needed.
Calcium Folinate Dosage
Take calcium folinate exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
The Calcium Folinate dose your doctor recommends will be based on the following (use any or all that apply):
- the condition being treated
- other medical conditions you have
- other medications you are taking
- how you respond to this medication
- your weight
- your height
- your age
- your gender
Calcium Folinate is available in the following doses:
- Leucovorin 10 Mg Oral Tablet
- Leucovorin 10 Mg/ml Injectable Solution
- Leucovorin 100 Mg Injectable Powder For Injection
- Leucovorin 15 Mg Oral Tablet
- Leucovorin 200 Mg Injectable Powder For Injection
- Leucovorin 25 Mg Oral Tablet
- Leucovorin 350 Mg Injectable Powder For Injection
- Leucovorin 5 Mg Oral Tablet
- Leucovorin 50 Mg Injectable Powder For Injection
- Leucovorin 500 Mg Injectable Powder For Injection