Urinary Tract Cancer Likes Heavy Smokers
Smoking cigarettes has been linked to a number of cancers and usually the risk for men and women are similar. But, with cancer in the urinary tract tissue, women seem to take the blow.
Sleeping Pills May Carry High Risks
When counting sheep and hot herbal tea doesn't work, people may turn to sleeping pills to help get a good night's rest. But the long-term risks of these medications may not be worth it.
Another Battle in the War on Breast Cancer
A breast cancer diagnosis is no doubt very serious. Some women may feel like they’ve experienced a major traumatic event for the first few months after receiving the news.
Spotting Need for Lung Cancer Screening
Findings of the National Lung Screening Trial (NLST) showed that screening long-term smokers of certain ages could reduce lung cancer deaths by 20 percent. Recommendations have been developed based on the results of this trial.
Is Drinking Related to Cancer?
Studies in the past have shown links between heavy drinking and cancer. Previous research has found drinking red wine fights cancer. But what about just drinking in general?
Stressful Job? Don’t Sweat Cancer Risks
Stress can do all sorts of weird things to the body. Fortunately, job-related stress alone may not be enough to increase the risk of developing cancer.
Abuse May Impact Cancer Battle
Beating cancer requires the patient to feel support from all sides. Taking into account a history of abuse may help healthcare professionals improve quality of life during treatment.
You Can’t Quit Too Soon
There’s no time like the present to quit smoking. The longer a person waits to quit, the greater the health risks and the harder it is to quit, especially for cancer patients.
50-Year Trends in Smoking Related Deaths
Too many people have died from smoking-related illnesses in the past 50 years. But there is good news: quitting smoking starts the healing process and immediately begins to reduce the risks of smoking-related disease.
You Should Know - Smoke More, Worse Cancer
The biggest risk factor for bladder cancer is smoking. That’s well known. Now, researchers have discovered that how much a person smokes has an impact on the course of the disease.
- Ambien (2) Apply Ambien filter
- Lunesta (2) Apply Lunesta filter
- Ambien CR (1) Apply Ambien CR filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Restoril (1) Apply Restoril filter
- Sonata (1) Apply Sonata filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Lung Cancer (32) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (22) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (9) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (8) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (7) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (5) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (4) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (3) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Male Cancer (1) Apply Male Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (1) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (1) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Addictions (74) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (24) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Depression (18) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (12) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (11) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (9) Apply Stress filter
- Dementia (4) Apply Dementia filter
- Suicide Prevention (4) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (2) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (2) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Violence Prevention (2) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Child Disorders (1) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Cardiovascular (27) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Womens Health (18) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (15) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (14) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Pulmonary Disease (10) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (9) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (7) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (5) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (3) Apply Hematology filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer