Improving Quality of Life at the End of Life
End-of-life care that supports dying patients’ needs is often provided when the patient has only two months left to live. But sooner may be better.
Disability Could Come Before Chronic Illness
Many people in the US live with a disability, and many more live with a chronic condition. New research suggests that these two types of issues might often go hand in hand.
Fifty Years Later, Work Remains to Curb Smoking
Fifty years ago, the US Surgeon General first warned of the dangerous effects of smoking. On the anniversary of that announcement, the current Surgeon General has released new data.
It's Not Too Late to Quit Smoking After Cancer Diagnosis
It's never too late to quit smoking, even after a cancer diagnosis, according to recent research.
Throat Cancer Detests Smoking
The Epstein-Barr virus can cause a throat cancer that’s rare in this country, but more common in Asia. Another cause of this throat cancer is smoking, which seems to have a profound impact on survival.
Teenagers Could Handle Their Parents' Cancer
Imagine you’re a teenager, and you learn your mom or dad has cancer. How would you react? Researchers recently looked at how teenagers coped when a parent had cancer.
Doubling Down on Double Mastectomies
Learning you have breast cancer can be shocking and life-changing. Some women don’t ever want to go through the experience again and choose to have both of their breasts removed to protect themselves, even if the cancer is limited to only one breast. A new study looked at the survival benefits of such a decision.
What Cancer Patients Aren’t Talking About
During your doctor visits, there are some things you may not want to bring up. You may think they’re concerns your doctor can't help you with, or maybe you’re embarrassed to talk about them. Recent research looked at what topics cancer patients are willing to discuss with their doctors.
Marriage May Be Better Than Chemotherapy
Is marriage good for your health? If you’re diagnosed with cancer, does marriage help? A new study addressed these questions, and the news may be inspiring for married folks.
Spotting Cancer Depression Easy as 1-2
Being diagnosed with and treated for cancer can be as emotionally troubling as it is physically demanding. But identifying cancer patients who may need to be treated for depression may have gotten a little easier.
- Ambien (2) Apply Ambien filter
- Lunesta (2) Apply Lunesta filter
- Ambien CR (1) Apply Ambien CR filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Restoril (1) Apply Restoril filter
- Sonata (1) Apply Sonata filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Lung Cancer (32) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (22) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (9) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (8) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (7) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (5) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (4) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (3) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Male Cancer (1) Apply Male Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (1) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (1) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Addictions (74) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (24) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Depression (18) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (12) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (11) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (9) Apply Stress filter
- Dementia (4) Apply Dementia filter
- Suicide Prevention (4) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (2) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (2) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Violence Prevention (2) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Child Disorders (1) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Cardiovascular (27) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Womens Health (18) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (15) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (14) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Pulmonary Disease (10) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (9) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (7) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (5) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (3) Apply Hematology filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer