New Guidelines for Smokers' Health Care
Smoking has been tied to numerous health issues. Now an expert panel has made recommendations for doctors who care for adults and pregnant women who smoke.
The Burden of Alcohol Use
New strategies may be needed to curb harmful alcohol use, especially in low-income countries.
How Ethnicity Affects Cancer Risk
Your ethnicity may be a factor in your cancer risk.
Global Health Affected by Unhealthy Habits
Many of the deaths that occur around the world today may be preventable.
Smoking Might Be Even More Dangerous Than You Think
There are countless reasons to quit smoking. And new data may add 12 more reasons to the list.
Having Surgery? Quit Smoking
Ditching those cigarettes may help more than just your lungs.
The Risks of Youth E-Cig Use
Experimenting is often how kids and teens learn. Experimenting with electronic cigarettes, however, may be risky.
How Breast Cancer Might Affect Your Brain
The breast is a long way from the brain, but now it seems a breast cancer diagnosis might affect patients’ ability to think.
Even a Few Smokes a Day Can Raise Your Risks
If you think smoking just a few cigarettes a day keeps you free from the many risks of smoking, you may want to think again.
Cancer Prevention: Progress and Problems
Controlling cancer requires multiple prevention strategies. The United States has made some notable progress in recent years, but there's still room for improvement.
- Ambien (2) Apply Ambien filter
- Lunesta (2) Apply Lunesta filter
- Ambien CR (1) Apply Ambien CR filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Restoril (1) Apply Restoril filter
- Sonata (1) Apply Sonata filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- Lung Cancer (32) Apply Lung Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (22) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (9) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (8) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (7) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Oral Cancer (5) Apply Oral Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (4) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (3) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (2) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Male Cancer (1) Apply Male Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (1) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (1) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (1) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Addictions (74) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (24) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Depression (18) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (12) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (11) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (9) Apply Stress filter
- Dementia (4) Apply Dementia filter
- Suicide Prevention (4) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (2) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Schizophrenia (2) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Violence Prevention (2) Apply Violence Prevention filter
- Child Disorders (1) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Cardiovascular (27) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Womens Health (18) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (15) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (14) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Pulmonary Disease (10) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (9) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (7) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (5) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (3) Apply Hematology filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Kidney Disease (2) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer