How Tobacco Harms Young Children
A new international report highlights the damage that exposure to tobacco does to developing children and calls for increased tobacco control measures.
Sleep and Gestational Diabetes: A Possible Link
How you breathe while sleeping during early pregnancy may affect your risk for gestational diabetes.
Fighting Perinatal Depression
The US Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recently recommended that clinicians provide counseling to pregnant and postpartum women who face a raised risk of depression.
The Burden of Postpartum Depression
Many women may deal with postpartum depression and similar disorders for years after giving birth, a new study found.
The Threat of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) may be relatively common, according to a new study.
Another Reason to Avoid Alcohol During Pregnancy
Even low levels of prenatal alcohol exposure may change the shape of the baby's face, according to a new study.
Smoking May Put Baby's DNA at Risk
It's a well-known fact that smoking during pregnancy can harm the baby. Now, researchers may have a clearer picture as to why that is.
Are Antidepressants Safe During Pregnancy?
The question of whether to take antidepressants during pregnancy is an intimate and complicated one. But if you're pregnant (or trying to be) and you have depression, you may want to consider the risks.
Parent Age and Autism Risk
You may have heard that an older mom's age may influence her child's risk for autism, but babies born to teen moms and older dads may also be at risk.
Depression Rx Might Pose Smaller Risk in Moms-to-Be
Many moms-to-be who take antidepressants may assume that weaning themselves off their meds is the safest thing for their baby, but the truth may not be so simple.
- (-) Remove Baby filter Baby
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Depression (6) Apply Depression filter
- Addictions (4) Apply Addictions filter
- Anxiety Disorders (3) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (3) Apply Autism Spectrum Disorders filter
- Child Disorders (3) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Stress (2) Apply Stress filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Emotional Health (1) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Sleep Disorders (1) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Womens Health (12) Apply Womens Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (10) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (7) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (2) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter