Cholesterol Rx Good For Joints Too
Osteoarthritis and high cholesterol may seem like totally unrelated conditions. But as it turns out, the same medicines that lower cholesterol may also help prevent osteoarthritis.
Statins Reduce More Than Cholesterol
Statins are effective and popular cholesterol-lowering medications. But they also have some possible side effects, including memory loss and high blood sugar. Now lower testosterone may join the list.
New Safety Concern for Cholesterol Meds
Some medications used to treat high cholesterol, like Lipitor or Caduet , were linked to some cases of myopathy , a muscle wasting disease.
Cholesterol May Be Best Treated With Higher Dose Statins
A more intensive dose of cholesterol-lowering statins appears to help higher risk patients better manage cholesterol, a new study suggests.
Take a Liver Test Before Taking Statin Drugs
U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials have announced they will no longer recommend regular liver enzyme testing for patients taking one of several popular cholesterol-lowering drugs such as Lipitor ( atorvastatin ).
Experimental Cholesterol Drug Shows Promise
Eli Lily's experimental drug evacetrapib has been shown to raise good cholesterol levels while also decreasing bad cholesterol. It also successfully lowered triglyceride levels.
Reverse Artery Plaque With Medications
Large doses of common cholesterol-lowering medications appear to reverse coronary artery disease by reducing the amount of plaque in clogged arteries.
A new study suggests there isn't enough evidence to recommend the widespread use of cholesterol-lowering stain drugs for patients who don't have a history of cardiovascular disease.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- Zocor (20) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (11) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (7) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (4) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (5) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter