Too Many Cholesterol Meds for Elderly Patients?
For patients with heart disease, cholesterol-lowering statins are often the first line of defense. But it seems that many doctors are prescribing statins to elderly patients without heart disease — and that could be a problem.
Statins and Memory Loss? Forget About It
One lifesaving drug may have even fewer side effects than previously thought.
What's Good for Diabetes May Be Good for the Heart
For those with type 2 diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels under control can seem like walking a tightrope. But that delicate balancing act may benefit more than just blood sugar.
Blocked Arteries Might Affect Rx Effects
When statin medications don’t work, check the arteries. They may not work because the arteries are blocked.
Rx Could Cut Diabetes Complications
A first-of-its-kind study examined the potential relationship between taking statins, prescription medicines that treat high cholesterol, and diabetes complications like vision loss and kidney damage.
Mayo Clinic Updates Cholesterol Guidelines
The Mayo Clinic recently assembled a task force to update existing cholesterol guidelines.
Cholesterol Rx May Be Lifesaver for Diabetes Patients
For those with Type 2 diabetes, heart disease is a major cause of death. Cholesterol-cutting statins, however, may help fight heart disease and prolong lives.
Debate Over Cholesterol Guidelines for Diabetes Patients
Last year, new guidelines on treating high cholesterol placed a focus on overall risk instead of specific cholesterol levels. Those recommendations set off a debate in the medical community. The controversy rages on.
Cholesterol Rx May Cut Physical Activity
As people age, exercise is important for maintaining good health, including healthy cholesterol levels. Sometimes, though, medications are needed to cut cholesterol. Unfortunately, treatment with these medications might have an unintended consequence.
Statin and Antibody Combo Lowered Very High Cholesterol
For many patients, statins have been an effective therapy for reducing high levels of cholesterol. For some with very high cholesterol, statins may not be enough.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- (-) Remove Lipitor filter Lipitor
- Zocor (20) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (11) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (7) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (4) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (5) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (3) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (2) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter