IBS Affects More Than Just the Patient
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be painful and interfere with many aspects of life. Partners of people with IBS may not feel the physical pain but they are affected by it.
Using the Mind to Reduce Inflammation
If you're in pain, you probably don't feel great. If you're emotionally frustrated or upset, it can make your pain worse. So then how do you break the cycle?
When Kids Dread the Dentist
Fear of the dentist has been mocked in countless films and TV shows. However, it's a very real concern for many people – especially children. Being afraid of the dentist can lead to long-term problems with oral health.
Subtle Long-Term Impacts of Child Abuse
Experiencing abuse as a child means more than a higher risk of mental illness. Researchers are learning that abused children are at risk for various long-term physical issues as well.
- (-) Remove Gastrointestinal filter Gastrointestinal
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter