For Menopausal Women, Rx May Up Fracture Risk
Women going through menopause may take antidepressants to help treat mood swings and hot flashes. These medications, however, may up women's risk of injury.
Fighting the Blues Was a Winning Battle
When a period of feeling blue gets worse or doesn't go away, you may be depressed. Getting effective treatment can be the key to your recovery.
Some Antidepressants Led to Less Weight Gain
Taking any medication means potentially experiencing its possible side effects. Concern about antidepressants' side effects may prevent some individuals from taking them.
Taking Antidepressants When the Baby's Due
Women who have anxiety or depression have important decisions to make about their medications when they are pregnant. Though these medications may carry some risks, not taking them has risks too.
Can SSRI’s Help Recovery From Stroke?
Antidepressants can be very helpful for people with depression. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors ( SSRIs ), a type of antidepressant, may help people recover from a stroke.
Another Puzzle Piece for Expectant Moms
Untreated mental disorders are linked to newborn complications in pregnant women. But taking psychiatric medication has risks too. Again, the old question: What, then, to do?
Feeling Blue… While Pregnant
Pregnant women with depression have tough choices to make. Do they treat the depression with medication or skip the meds? How might either choice affect their baby?
Baby Language Linked to Mom’s Mood
One of the concerns about taking antidepressants while pregnant is the possible effects on the baby. Surprisingly, these medications may help a baby's language development.
Antidepressant Safety During Pregnancy
Much is still uncertain about what drugs are safe while pregnant, so deciding what to take or avoid may require a tradeoff. Such may be the case for a common group of antidepressants.
Antidepressants and Pregnancy: A Trade Off
Expectant mothers with depression or anxiety may debate whether to continue or cease taking their mood meds during pregnancy, and it appears their babies are likely affected either way.
- (-) Remove Lexapro filter Lexapro
- (-) Remove Paxil filter Paxil
- Celexa (9) Apply Celexa filter
- Prozac (9) Apply Prozac filter
- Zoloft (7) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (4) Apply Effexor filter
- Wellbutrin (2) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Wellbutrin XL (2) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (6) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Womens Health (3) Apply Womens Health filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter