For Menopausal Women, Rx May Up Fracture Risk
Women going through menopause may take antidepressants to help treat mood swings and hot flashes. These medications, however, may up women's risk of injury.
Fighting the Blues Was a Winning Battle
When a period of feeling blue gets worse or doesn't go away, you may be depressed. Getting effective treatment can be the key to your recovery.
Depression Medicines May Affect Weight Gain
Antidepressants affect the moods of countless people with depression around the world. But they may also affect their waistlines.
Some Antidepressants Led to Less Weight Gain
Taking any medication means potentially experiencing its possible side effects. Concern about antidepressants' side effects may prevent some individuals from taking them.
Balancing Antidepressants' Risks during Pregnancy
Taking antidepressants during pregnancy has always involved a balancing of possible benefits and risks. But so does skipping the medication when a mom has depression.
Taking Antidepressants When the Baby's Due
Women who have anxiety or depression have important decisions to make about their medications when they are pregnant. Though these medications may carry some risks, not taking them has risks too.
Teasing Out Depression Therapy Effects
Depression can be tricky to treat. Many options are available, but different individuals respond differently. Further, improvement in one area of life may not mean improvement in another.
Hormone and Mood Meds Don't Butt Heads
Hormones are often to blame when women's moods are swinging. With medicines to balance hormones and stabilize mood, new research suggests it's okay to combine the two.
Another Puzzle Piece for Expectant Moms
Untreated mental disorders are linked to newborn complications in pregnant women. But taking psychiatric medication has risks too. Again, the old question: What, then, to do?
Feeling Blue… While Pregnant
Pregnant women with depression have tough choices to make. Do they treat the depression with medication or skip the meds? How might either choice affect their baby?
- (-) Remove Celexa filter Celexa
- Prozac (11) Apply Prozac filter
- Lexapro (10) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (10) Apply Paxil filter
- Zoloft (9) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (4) Apply Effexor filter
- Wellbutrin (3) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Wellbutrin XL (3) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Citalopram (1) Apply Citalopram filter
- Cymbalta (1) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Fluoxetine (1) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (8) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Womens Health (4) Apply Womens Health filter
- Cardiovascular (2) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pediatrics (2) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter