There's Now a Generic Crestor
The first generic version of Crestor (rosuvastatin) has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Too Many Cholesterol Meds for Elderly Patients?
For patients with heart disease, cholesterol-lowering statins are often the first line of defense. But it seems that many doctors are prescribing statins to elderly patients without heart disease — and that could be a problem.
Statins and Memory Loss? Forget About It
One lifesaving drug may have even fewer side effects than previously thought.
What's Good for Diabetes May Be Good for the Heart
For those with type 2 diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels under control can seem like walking a tightrope. But that delicate balancing act may benefit more than just blood sugar.
Concerns About Common Cholesterol Rx Abound
Patients like to think medications will simply make them better, but often, side effect risks are involved. Some experts are expressing concerns that these risks are too great for a common cholesterol medication.
Blocked Arteries Might Affect Rx Effects
When statin medications don’t work, check the arteries. They may not work because the arteries are blocked.
Rx Combo May Trigger Serious Reactions
Some things just don't mix — and that applies to medications. One antibiotic combined with statins may be dangerous. Fortunately, other types of antibiotics may be safer when mixed with statins.
Cholesterol Rx Didn't Improve Bone Health
Some medications help patients in several ways — such as how an aspirin for a fever may also lower heart attack risk — but that isn't always the case. A medication for cholesterol once thought to improve bone health probably doesn't do so, a new study found.
Rx Could Cut Diabetes Complications
A first-of-its-kind study examined the potential relationship between taking statins, prescription medicines that treat high cholesterol, and diabetes complications like vision loss and kidney damage.
Mayo Clinic Updates Cholesterol Guidelines
The Mayo Clinic recently assembled a task force to update existing cholesterol guidelines.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- Lipitor (28) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (20) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (12) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (4) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- Diabetes (5) Apply Diabetes filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (4) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (1) Apply Cancer filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter