When Cancer Rxs Team Up
Sometimes it takes two. Two breast cancer medications, that is.
Don't Miss Out — Rx Can Strengthen Men's Bones
Androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) for men with prostate cancer might make their bones weak. Fortunately, a common medication can make them strong again — if patients can get a prescription.
Medicines to Prevent Osteoporosis Fractures Were Effective
The risk of broken bones increases with age and is a major cause of disability and death in older people. But some treatments may prevent bone fractures.
Rx to Prevent Bone Loss May Have Other Benefits
Bisphosphonates are a class of medications commonly used to prevent bone loss and osteoporosis. Now, it seems these medications might have an additional benefit: protection against certain cancers.
Bone Loss Rx Didn't Lower Cancer Risk
It’s always exciting when researchers find a new benefit for an existing medication. One type of medicine that treats bone loss has been shown to have anti-cancer properties.
Not Everyone Needs A Bone Density Scan
Detection of osteoporosis is important for treating and preventing bone fractures. But when it comes to bone density testing for osteoporosis, more isn’t always better.
Don't Fear the Fracture
Past studies have raised concerns that a type of osteoporosis drug may boost the risk of unusual bone fractures. Now research suggests this risk may be overstated.
9 Ways to Take Charge After Menopause
If you're in your 40s or 50s and you've gone a full year without a period, menopause is knocking on your door. Don't worry — it's a great time to fling open that door of opportunity.
The Bone Rx - Cancer Link
A class of drugs known as bisphosphonates has received some bad press lately. These drugs, used to strengthen bones and treat bone metastasis, are linked with a number of health conditions. The association with cancer has expanded.
Breaking News on Bone Drugs
They're designed to strengthen bones. This class of drugs known as bisphosphorates is also prescribed to cancer patients to treat excessive calcium in the blood. These drugs can actually increase the risks of unusual bone fractures.
- (-) Remove Fosamax filter Fosamax
- Actonel (13) Apply Actonel filter
- Boniva (13) Apply Boniva filter
- Reclast (5) Apply Reclast filter
- Atelvia (3) Apply Atelvia filter
- Fosamax Plus D (2) Apply Fosamax Plus D filter
- Zometa (2) Apply Zometa filter
- Aredia (1) Apply Aredia filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Aromasin (1) Apply Aromasin filter
- Didronel (1) Apply Didronel filter
- Femara (1) Apply Femara filter
- Forteo (1) Apply Forteo filter
- Prolia (1) Apply Prolia filter
- Skelid (1) Apply Skelid filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Cancer (8) Apply Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (2) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Uterine Cancer (2) Apply Uterine Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (1) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Colon Cancer (1) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Female Cancer (1) Apply Female Cancer filter
- Male Cancer (1) Apply Male Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (1) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (1) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Rectal Cancer (1) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (8) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (2) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter
- Cancer (8) Apply Cancer filter