There's Now a Generic Crestor
The first generic version of Crestor (rosuvastatin) has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Too Many Cholesterol Meds for Elderly Patients?
For patients with heart disease, cholesterol-lowering statins are often the first line of defense. But it seems that many doctors are prescribing statins to elderly patients without heart disease — and that could be a problem.
Statins and Memory Loss? Forget About It
One lifesaving drug may have even fewer side effects than previously thought.
What's Good for Diabetes May Be Good for the Heart
For those with type 2 diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels under control can seem like walking a tightrope. But that delicate balancing act may benefit more than just blood sugar.
Cholesterol Rx and Stroke: The Effects on Older Patients
If you have to take a pill for high cholesterol, it would be nice to know that it does double duty. New evidence suggests that for healthy older patients, cholesterol drugs might have some benefits beyond just lowering cholesterol.
This Rx Combo Might Protect Hearts After Menopause
Women have a higher risk of heart disease after menopause, but a combination therapy may reduce that risk.
Concerns About Common Cholesterol Rx Abound
Patients like to think medications will simply make them better, but often, side effect risks are involved. Some experts are expressing concerns that these risks are too great for a common cholesterol medication.
Blocked Arteries Might Affect Rx Effects
When statin medications don’t work, check the arteries. They may not work because the arteries are blocked.
Exercise Still Key in Diabetes Care
The American Diabetes Associations' new guidelines send a message to patients to get moving and lower cholesterol for better heart health.
Rx Combo May Trigger Serious Reactions
Some things just don't mix — and that applies to medications. One antibiotic combined with statins may be dangerous. Fortunately, other types of antibiotics may be safer when mixed with statins.
- (-) Remove Crestor filter Crestor
- Lipitor (37) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (28) Apply Zocor filter
- Pravachol (15) Apply Pravachol filter
- Lescol (8) Apply Lescol filter
- Vytorin (6) Apply Vytorin filter
- Lescol XL (3) Apply Lescol XL filter
- Atripla (1) Apply Atripla filter
- Caduet (1) Apply Caduet filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Glucophage (1) Apply Glucophage filter
- Glucophage XR (1) Apply Glucophage XR filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Kaletra (1) Apply Kaletra filter
- Levitra (1) Apply Levitra filter
- Liptruzet (1) Apply Liptruzet filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Reyataz (1) Apply Reyataz filter
- Simvastatin (1) Apply Simvastatin filter
- Tricor (1) Apply Tricor filter
- Truvada (1) Apply Truvada filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Viread (1) Apply Viread filter
- Zetia (1) Apply Zetia filter
- Cardiovascular (37) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (6) Apply Diabetes filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (4) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (4) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Mens Health (3) Apply Mens Health filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Low Testosterone (1) Apply Low Testosterone filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter