Are You at Risk of Osteoporosis?
Are you at risk of breaking a bone?
Bone Rx Boosted Breast Cancer Survival
Nearly all postmenopausal women with early-stage HR+ breast cancer are treated with aromatase inhibitors. But these drugs can significantly compromise bone health and up the risk of fractures.
Hot Flashes May Signal Fracture Risk
Hot flashes and night sweats could be more than just unpleasant symptoms of menopause — they could be tied to bone health.
Fracture Was Hard to Predict in Some Postmenopausal Women
Screening tools can help doctors predict which postmenopausal women may have a broken bone due to osteoporosis in the next few years. But those tools may not accurately predict fracture risk in younger postmenopausal women.
Health Screenings Every Woman Should Know About
Staying healthy requires being proactive about your health by scheduling and attending necessary health screenings. There are some screenings in particular that every woman should know about.
Breast Cancer Treatment Had Lingering Health Effects
Women with breast cancer often receive radiation treatments and chemotherapy to fight their disease. In some women, those treatments might bring long-term health effects that aren’t so desirable.
Beer: The Health Benefits and Consequences
Many Americans enjoy their alcohol, spending close to $99 billion every year on beer alone. Here’s a list of potential health benefits and consequences of beer consumption.
Rx May Improve Bone Density in Osteoporosis Patients
Osteoporosis decreases bone density, making bones more prone to breaks. A new medication being tested in clinical trials may help increase bone density.
Explaining Rates of Broken Bones
Broken bones happen for many reasons. From weak bones to accidental falls and lifestyle choices, researchers recently explored these reasons.
A Bone to Pick for Postmenopausal Women
As women age, osteoporosis — a condition that makes the bones weak and more likely to break — becomes a greater concern. As a result, preventing osteoporosis may become more important for older women.
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- (-) Remove Womens Health filter Womens Health
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (9) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Cancer (7) Apply Cancer filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (7) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Mental Health (5) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (3) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (2) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (2) Apply Mens Health filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter