A Boxing Match in the Sack?
A little unconscious kick or punch from a partner during sleep isn't too bad, but if nighttime feels like a boxing match, a rare and serious sleep disorder may be to blame.
Are Dementia Medications Safe for the Heart?
Medications for treating Alzheimer’s disease (AD) have been suspected to influence heart function. New research finds that heart function was not affected over four weeks of treatment.
Mom - Why Are You Walking Slow?
Nobody wants to watch a loved one suffer from dementia. There may be early predictors and warning signs of the onset of dementia, and one of them may surprise you.
Cognitive Benefits of Omega-3 Questioned
Omega-3 fatty acids are reported to protect brain cells during aging thereby protecting cognitive function. But a recent systematic review of the evidence calls into question these proposed cognitive benefits.
Immune System DNA Linked to Memory
For the first time in humans, researchers have shown that there is a link between the immune system and age-related memory decline.
Coffee May Slow Progression to Dementia
People with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) are at increased risk of developing dementia. Coffee may offer protection from the transition from MCI to dementia.
Early Signs of Alzheimer’s
New technologies and guidelines may help scientists better understand the Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) brain before symptoms appear, which may lead to earlier detection in future generations.
Cobbler Not So Peachy
Before you reach for a second helping of peach cobbler with vanilla bean ice cream this weekend, you might want to consider how all that sugar will hit your brain cells.
With an aging population and dementia rates expected to triple by 2050, the decline of cognitive ability with age is affecting more and more people. This estimate, as reported by Alzheimer’s Disease International and the World Health Organization highlights the need for the public to get educated about the disease - and how to prevent it. While more research is needed to determine conclusively the causes of dementia, taking steps now could help your odds against the disease and, at the very least, increase your overall well-being. The Big Three: Physical Risk Factors You Can Choo...
Keeping Your Memory? Eat the Good Fat
If you're craving fatty food, it makes a difference whether you reach for red meat sauteed in butter or chicken sizzling in olive oil. The difference is your memory.
- Aricept (8) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (5) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (5) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (2) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (2) Apply Crestor filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Aciphex (1) Apply Aciphex filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Actoplus (1) Apply Actoplus filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Advair (1) Apply Advair filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Premarin (1) Apply Premarin filter
- Provera (1) Apply Provera filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Dementia filter Dementia
- Depression (21) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (9) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (7) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Emotional Health (6) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Addictions (5) Apply Addictions filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (5) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (1) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (185) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Alzheimers Disease (181) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (50) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (20) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (16) Apply Stroke filter
- High Cholesterol (7) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (6) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (5) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (1) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (41) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (21) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (14) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (12) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (11) Apply Trauma filter
- Infectious Disease (9) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (4) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Deafness Hearing Loss (2) Apply Deafness Hearing Loss filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health