Sports for Brain Power
Find the Olympic Games inspiring? Certain Olympic sports may provide added brain health benefits beyond entertainment.
Dementia: Younger Means Faster
Risk of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) increases with age, but the way the disease progresses varies. Some people with AD start having symptoms in their sixties and others much later.
Sniffing out Dementia
Simple memories, like being able to identify a smell, can be affected in later stages of dementia. However, research suggests that changes in smell memory may show up early.
Aricept for Other Types of Dementia?
Aricept is approved for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, but clinical trials are underway to see if it will be helpful for other types of dementia.
Dementia and a Sense of Self
A sense of self, or self-concept, comes from involvement in family, work and community. Dementia patients may have higher quality of life when self-concept is maintained.
Memory Loss: When Should you Report it?
Some changes in memory are expected as we age, but when should memory changes be assessed by a doctor? The answer may be that you know your mind the best.
Risks Related to Mild Memory Problems
Even when there is not a cure for a condition, detecting it early can help individuals plan, receive early treatment and improve their long-term quality of life.
Dementia Drug Doing Well
There are few medications currently approved to treat Alzheimer’s disease (AD). A new type of drug shows early promise in clinical trials.
Too Many Carbs Bad for the Brain
A balanced diet has many benefits, but replacing fats with carbs may increase risk of dementia.
Keeping Dementia Patients Safe at Home
People with Alzheimer’s disease (AD) often have better quality of life when they continue living at home, but staying at home can be a challenge for both the patient and caregiver.
- Aricept (8) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (5) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (5) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (2) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (2) Apply Crestor filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Aciphex (1) Apply Aciphex filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Actoplus (1) Apply Actoplus filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Advair (1) Apply Advair filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Premarin (1) Apply Premarin filter
- Provera (1) Apply Provera filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Dementia filter Dementia
- Depression (21) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (9) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (7) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Emotional Health (6) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Addictions (5) Apply Addictions filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (5) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (1) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (185) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Alzheimers Disease (181) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (50) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (20) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (16) Apply Stroke filter
- High Cholesterol (7) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (6) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (5) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (1) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (41) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (21) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (14) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (12) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (11) Apply Trauma filter
- Infectious Disease (9) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (4) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Deafness Hearing Loss (2) Apply Deafness Hearing Loss filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health