Memantine Doesn’t Work for all Dementias
Medications for Alzheimer’s disease are sometimes used to treat other types of dementia, like frontotemporal lobar degeneration (FTLD). But they may not be all that helpful.
Alzheimer's Now Linked to Diabetes
From your head to your toes, diabetes can affect many aspects of your health. This common condition may even harm your ability to think and process information.
Surgical Menopause Treatment Options
The average age for natural menopause (a woman's last period) is 51. But some women experience menopause earlier, whether naturally or because of surgery.
New MRI Method for Diagnosing Dementia
A test called a spinal tap can test for markers of Alzheimer’s disease (AD). The markers can help doctors tell if dementia is AD or not. An MRI may offer a less invasive way to look at markers.
Beta Blockers May Protect the Brain
High blood pressure has been linked to higher risk of dementia. Using certain high blood pressure drugs may protect the brain from damage.
More Grim News for Gridiron?
Football has always been a dangerous game. Now researchers are learning more about the long-term effects professional players may be experiencing from career-related head injuries.
Caregivers Take on the Alzheimer’s Patch
Caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease (AD) may have a lot to manage. Can skin patches that deliver drugs save time, energy and improve quality of life for caregivers?
Behind the Wheel with Dementia
Some reports say that dementia patients may be more likely to have car accidents while driving. But are accidents the reason that people stop driving when they have dementia?
Post-Surgery Memory Loss Is Not Dementia
Some people have problems with thinking and memory after having surgery. Researchers wanted to know if having these post-surgery problems was a risk factor for dementia.
Feeling Blue With Alzheimer's
Losing mental skills can be hard to handle and may, understandably, lead to depression. Depression symptoms with dementia could intensify some problem behaviors, which may affect quality of life.
- Aricept (7) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (4) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (4) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Lipitor (1) Apply Lipitor filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Zocor (1) Apply Zocor filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Dementia (181) Apply Dementia filter
- Depression (15) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (9) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Stress (8) Apply Stress filter
- Anxiety Disorders (6) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Addictions (5) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (4) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Suicide Prevention (2) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- (-) Remove Alzheimers Disease filter Alzheimers Disease
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Multiple Sclerosis (7) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Back Pain (2) Apply Back Pain filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (2) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (2) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Fibromyalgia (2) Apply Fibromyalgia filter
- Migraine Headaches (2) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Osteoporosis (2) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (26) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (11) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (9) Apply Stroke filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (5) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- High Cholesterol (5) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Heart Attack (2) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (26) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (11) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (11) Apply Womens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (10) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (10) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (9) Apply Cancer filter
- Rheumatic Disease (8) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (5) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy (2) Apply Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy filter
- Liver Disease (2) Apply Liver Disease filter
- Constipation (1) Apply Constipation filter
- Crohns Disease (1) Apply Crohns Disease filter
- Dental Health (1) Apply Dental Health filter
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (1) Apply Irritable Bowel Syndrome filter
- Incontinence (5) Apply Incontinence filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (5) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Trauma (5) Apply Trauma filter
- Mens Health (4) Apply Mens Health filter
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Pulmonary Disease (2) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (2) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Gout (1) Apply Gout filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health