Care Giver Coping May Affect Dementia
Caring for a loved one with dementia can be stressful. The way you cope with that stress may affect the way your loved one’s dementia changes over time.
Alzheimer’s Drug Struggles in Trials
Solanezumab is a new drug being tested with Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) patients. The test results indicate that it failed to improve memory and daily function, but the drug did slow the rate of memory loss.
Is Delirium Different Than Dementia?
When a person is confused or has memory problems for a very short time it is called delirium. It may raise the risk of dementia, which is a longer term issue.
Hormones Linked to Improved Thinking
Drugs are often used to help memory in people with dementia. New research is looking into ways a hormone may help people with dementia too. A recent study found that taking a hormone, which is a natural part of the body’s function, improved thinking skills for elderly people.
Obesity May Speed-Up Cognitive Decline
Keeping a healthy weight has many benefits. Recent research suggests that it may also help keep memory sharp as you age. A recent study looked at people’s weight and other health problems, like high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
Dementia Protection in Your DNA
Risk for dementia increases as people age and when there is a family history. New research suggests that the ability to avoid dementia may also run in families.
Popcorn, Factory Workers and Dementia?
Beta amyloid is linked to brain cell death in Alzheimer’s disease. And recent lab studies found that a common food chemical may enhance its harmful effects.
Can Mindfulness Help Loneliness?
Loneliness among older individuals can be a significant risk factor for health problems like cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s and even death.
Dementia: Younger Means Faster
Risk of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) increases with age, but the way the disease progresses varies. Some people with AD start having symptoms in their sixties and others much later.
Sniffing out Dementia
Simple memories, like being able to identify a smell, can be affected in later stages of dementia. However, research suggests that changes in smell memory may show up early.
- Aricept (7) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (4) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (4) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (1) Apply Crestor filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Lipitor (1) Apply Lipitor filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Zocor (1) Apply Zocor filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- Dementia (181) Apply Dementia filter
- Depression (15) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (9) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Stress (8) Apply Stress filter
- Anxiety Disorders (6) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Addictions (5) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (4) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Suicide Prevention (2) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- (-) Remove Alzheimers Disease filter Alzheimers Disease
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Multiple Sclerosis (7) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Back Pain (2) Apply Back Pain filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (2) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (2) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Fibromyalgia (2) Apply Fibromyalgia filter
- Migraine Headaches (2) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Osteoporosis (2) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (26) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (11) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (9) Apply Stroke filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (5) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- High Cholesterol (5) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Heart Attack (2) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (26) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (11) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (11) Apply Womens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (10) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Patient Safety Education (10) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Cancer (9) Apply Cancer filter
- Rheumatic Disease (8) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (5) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy (2) Apply Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy filter
- Liver Disease (2) Apply Liver Disease filter
- Constipation (1) Apply Constipation filter
- Crohns Disease (1) Apply Crohns Disease filter
- Dental Health (1) Apply Dental Health filter
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (1) Apply Irritable Bowel Syndrome filter
- Incontinence (5) Apply Incontinence filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (5) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Trauma (5) Apply Trauma filter
- Mens Health (4) Apply Mens Health filter
- Pediatrics (3) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Pulmonary Disease (2) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (2) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Gout (1) Apply Gout filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health