Heartburn Drugs: Why Less May Be More
When it comes to acid reflux, better care sometimes means less medication.
Smoking Affects More Than Your Lungs
Lung cancer and emphysema are usually at the top of the list of smoking risks, but there are many more ways smoking can harm the body.
Beer: The Health Benefits and Consequences
Many Americans enjoy their alcohol, spending close to $99 billion every year on beer alone. Here’s a list of potential health benefits and consequences of beer consumption.
Painkiller May Raise Heart Attack Risk
Millions take diclofenac to relieve the pain of arthritis and other ailments. The European Medicines Agency, however, has issued a warning that this medication may raise heart attack risk.
Killing Two Ills with One Pill
The dementia associated with Alzheimer’s disease cannot be cured, but medication is available to improve the ability to think and remember.
Healthy Bones Could Mean a Healthy Heart
The heart needs blood pumping in and out of it to keep us alive. When arteries become clogged up with fat, cholesterol and other unhealthy stuff, the blood can't flow.
Heart Attack After Joint Replacement
Surgery to replace a damaged hip or knee can put an end to the pain of osteoarthritis. But, like any surgery, there are risks involved.
Brittle Bones or Increased Heart Risk?
Calcium supplements, often taken to maintain bone health and prevent osteoporosis, appear to be linked to an increased risk of heart attack, a large study revealed.
Stem Cell Transplant Recipients Prone to Problems
Stem cell transplant patients may not only be at risk during treatment. A new study suggests that a decade later they are still more susceptible to psychological conditions and chronic illness.
New Findings on Hormone Replacement Therapy
You may remember some years ago when a large women's study was stopped because one of the therapies being tested was shown to actually increase the risk of breast cancer, heart attacks and strokes.
- (-) Remove Cardiovascular filter Cardiovascular
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Mental Health (4) Apply Mental Health filter
- Diabetes (3) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (2) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter