Secondhand Smoke May Present Pregnancy Problems
Smoking tobacco during pregnancy has been linked to a host of prenatal and birth issues. Women don't even have to be a smoker to be at risk; secondhand smoke may pose a threat as well.
Common Chemical in Consumer Goods Tied to Early Birth
Being born too early is a leading cause of death among newborns. So, understanding the causes of preemie births may help doctors prevent more of them.
Banned Pesticides Linked to Endometriosis
Our environment can affect our bodies in many ways. Even chemicals that were banned decades ago might be affecting some women's health today.
Growing a Baby in Dirty Air
The environment around a pregnant woman can influence a growing baby. High levels of pollution may be one thing that affects a developing baby.
Protecting Yourself Around Furry Felines
It's been said there are two types of people in the world: cat people and dog people. Whichever one you are, it's still important to know about an infection that can exist wherever cats exist, especially strays.
A Link Between BPA and Young Boys
About 2 to 5 percent of newborn boys have undescended testicles at birth. Usually, the testicles descend on their own by the time the child is 6 months old.
Flame Retardant Chemicals Raise Concerns
Throughout our entire lives, we interact with chemicals. The vast majority of these chemicals do us good or cause no harm. A small number, however, are linked to mental health issues.
Cockroaches and Air Pollution Shouldn't Mix
Most people try to steer clear of cockroaches. For children, however, avoiding these large, brown creepy crawlers is especially important.
A Link Between Smoking and Bacteria
The dangers of secondhand smoke for children can often show up in unexpected ways. Even some bacterial illnesses can pose a higher risk to children if they're around secondhand smoke.
Pediatricians Warn of Pesticide Exposure
Residues from pesticides are all around us: in the air, in our food, in dust, in soil. Whether used in farming or in homes, these chemicals can affect children exposed to them.
- (-) Remove Healthy Home filter Healthy Home
- (-) Remove Obstetrics/Gynecology filter Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Pediatrics (7) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Mental Health (5) Apply Mental Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (3) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pulmonary Disease (3) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Allergies (2) Apply Allergies filter
- Cancer (2) Apply Cancer filter
- Infectious Disease (2) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Womens Health (2) Apply Womens Health filter
- Cardiovascular (1) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Dermatology (1) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (1) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter