How Fish Might Affect Your Immune Health
Seafood is always a great choice for protein if you’re young and female, right? Not so fast.
Mother’s Iron Level Tied to Child’s Autism Risk
Iron deficiency has been associated with autism in past studies, such as one published in Pediatrics in 2012. And children of mothers who have too little iron during pregnancy may also have a higher risk of getting this condition.
What We Know About Iron Supplements
Parents often worry if their children are getting all the nutrients they need. Vitamins and supplements help fill in the gaps, but only if those supplements actually benefit a child.
Sickle Cell Trait Improved by Regular Exercise
Regular physical activity benefits the body in many ways, from weight loss to improved blood pressure. Those with the sickle cell trait might find an added benefit -- longevity and fewer complications. Unlike sickle cell disease, a painful inherited condition in which red blood cells are an abnormal crescent shape, those with the sickle cell trait inherit only one copy of the disease and have a mixture of normal and misshapen red blood cells. They tend to suffer from an increased risk of sickness and higher death rate. Ask your doctor about exercise if you suffer from sickle cel...
- (-) Remove Healthy Eating and Diet filter Healthy Eating and Diet
- (-) Remove Hematology filter Hematology
- Baby (1) Apply Baby filter
- Diabetes (1) Apply Diabetes filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Mental Health (1) Apply Mental Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (1) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (1) Apply Womens Health filter